Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    Hmm... while I wish there had been more deadwood, I'm not sure I feel like there was anything left unresolved. Or maybe unresolved is the wrong term... life just goes on and we saw what we saw. I don't remember it ending with any sort of cliff-hanger. The characters you got to meet were worth watching the show.
    agree with this, Deadwood is one of my top 5 series, Deadwood with a complete resolution would probably be #1. Personally, I liked the ending of The Sopranos better than that of the Wire for example. The Shield still has my #1 ending of all time.
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• I'm finally catching up to deadwood. Currently in the middle of season two. Guess I don't relly care if a show is prematurely canceled as long as the journey is enjoyable

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
        I'm finally catching up to deadwood. Currently in the middle of season two. Guess I don't relly care if a show is prematurely canceled as long as the journey is enjoyable
        anyone that disagrees is a brokedick cocksucker by choice
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• list of 15 best comedies for the 2012-2013 TV Season. I don't watch many sitcoms so I can't vouch for many of these, but the got #1 right at least...

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

list of 15 best comedies for the 2012-2013 TV Season. I don't watch many sitcoms so I can't vouch for many of these, but the got #1 right at least...

http://www.buddytv.com/slideshows/ar...on-12448.aspx?
            My 4 "must watch's" are in the Top 10 - Archer, Parks and Rec, Modern Family, Arrested Development.

The first 2 episodes of Arrested Development are awful ... then after that it finds it's feet again and gets back into the groove. I was really worried they'd screwed up after watching those first 2 episodes. Guess they were just warming up. Shame we didn't get more of Gob earlier though.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Veep is fucking terrible. For some reason I just hate Julia Loolia Dreyfuss or whatever her name is.
              Shit really? I was going to edit that comment to add that Veep was on my wishlist.

Comment

• I should like Veep. I like Dryfuss and I like political sitcoms. But I don't.
                “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
                -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• No "It's Always Sunny in Philly?

that's ridiculous since it's the funniest show on TV.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    No "It's Always Sunny in Philly?

that's ridiculous since it's the funniest show on TV.
                    Mith is totally right!

*did I just say that*

Comment

• Johnny... Broadchurch coming to BBC America next month. Any good?

Comment

Johnny... Broadchurch coming to BBC America next month. Any good?

https://www.bbcamerica.com/broadchur...ended-trailer/
                        Very highly rated here judging from the general chatter. I didn't see it, because I missed the first episode, but everyone was talking about it. Pretty sure it was an ITV show, not BBC. It was a primetime ITV show, so won't be as hard hitting as some other shows (I imagine).

I've just started watching The Fall, which was even more talked about. It's set in Belfast, and stars Gillian Anderson as a detective tracking down a brutal serial killer. This is the first series set in Belfast that has nothing to do with the troubles, which is a nice change. It's a really dark psychological thriller ... judging by the first episode. In keeping with the BBC commissioning of dark thrillers like Sherlock and Luther. I'm watching it on Netflix USA oddly.

The two series were out around the same time in the Spring, and both got a lot of publicity. UK TV has taken a really dark turn ... Utopia, which is at times pretty brutal was also brilliant. The only bad thing is that they only come in mini-series type episode blocks (5/6 episodes).

The show everyone is raving about now is The Returned, which is a French zombie series. That is about 4 episodes in, but is apparently really really good.

Comment

• I've watched the first 3 episodes of The Returned. I really don't know how to describe this, other than to say it's really creepy and disturbing. The premise is that a bunch of people who died many years previous start reappearing and look to retake their old lives as if nothing had occurred. So far I wouldn't call it a "zombie" series as the press are doing ... the people who are returning are more like doppelgangers, or possessed by some dark force. It's strange ... Twin Peaks meets The Stepford Wives.

... and Jenna Thiam

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            I've just started watching The Fall, which was even more talked about. It's set in Belfast, and stars Gillian Anderson as a detective tracking down a brutal serial killer. This is the first series set in Belfast that has nothing to do with the troubles, which is a nice change. It's a really dark psychological thriller ... judging by the first episode. In keeping with the BBC commissioning of dark thrillers like Sherlock and Luther. I'm watching it on Netflix USA oddly.
                            Just saw that The Fall was on netflix (didn't register when you mentioned it here). I may check that out. I never did get into Luther. I think I wasn't really in the mood to sit down and pay attention the first episode I watched so it really didn't hook me.

Comment

• The reviews I've read about The Bridge had me interested in giving it a shot tomorrow. FX has a pretty good recent track record.

Comment

• Newsroom is back tonight and I love Sorkin so while it is not my favorite show by him, it is still better than a lot of shows for me.

Did anyone watch The Bridge. I have it on DVR and will watch, but was wondering what you guys thought?

Comment

Working...
                                X