Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    new schedules were announced, so that means some shows were whacked:
    V, The Event, Human Target, No Ordinary Family, $hit my Dad Says, Chicago Code, Lie to Me, Mr. Sunshine, Detroit 1-8-7 all cancelled.
    That's good news for me, the only show I watched was $hit My Dad Says and I knew there was no way it was coming back. It wasn't very funny.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I rarely watch first season shows anymore because I want to know there will be at least two seasons before committing to them. I never started V or The Event because the ratings were poor even though they were right up my alley (at least in concept, not sure if they were any good).
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
        I rarely watch first season shows anymore because I want to know there will be at least two seasons before committing to them. I never started V or The Event because the ratings were poor even though they were right up my alley (at least in concept, not sure if they were any good).
        you really didn't miss anything. Nothing happened in V in 2 seasons until the last episode and The Event was just one ludicrous episode after another. However, if I waited to watch only shows that have a second season, I would have missed out on exceelent shows like Rubicon and Terriers

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
          you really didn't miss anything. Nothing happened in V in 2 seasons until the last episode and The Event was just one ludicrous episode after another. However, if I waited to watch only shows that have a second season, I would have missed out on exceelent shows like Rubicon and Terriers
          Rubicon looked good and I would have watched if it had a second season. Did it have a proper ending or were you left hanging?

I tend to like shows that are at least partly serialized so that adds to the frustration when they are cancelled abruptly.
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

V, The Event, Human Target, No Ordinary Family, $hit my Dad Says, Chicago Code, Lie to Me, Mr. Sunshine, Detroit 1-8-7 all cancelled.
            I am disappointed that Human Target is not coming back. I thought it was very good. Mrs. Gregg is going to be disappointed when I tell her.

Comment

I have never seen 5 minutes of any of these shows. My non-baseball television viewing has seemingly dropped to almost nothing. There isn't anything on my Tivo that I've picked. Netflix streaming and the disks of Mad Men and Deep Space 9 are getting my viewing time. I think I've watched more television on planes than anything else this last year.
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Rubicon looked good and I would have watched if it had a second season. Did it have a proper ending or were you left hanging?

I tend to like shows that are at least partly serialized so that adds to the frustration when they are cancelled abruptly.
                There was a story arc for the season that had a clear resolution ... so it could be watched as a one off.

Shame ... it had so much potential for more.

Comment

The arc for Rubicon was tied up pretty well at the end, though they did leave enough for a potential second season. It wasn't anything that left you hanging.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                    I have never seen 5 minutes of any of these shows. My non-baseball television viewing has seemingly dropped to almost nothing. There isn't anything on my Tivo that I've picked. Netflix streaming and the disks of Mad Men and Deep Space 9 are getting my viewing time. I think I've watched more television on planes than anything else this last year.
                    I am shocked that you do not tivo Justified, I would think that would be right up your alley.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      I am shocked that you do not tivo Justified, I would think that would be right up your alley.
                      I watched a bit of the first 2 episodes, then decided I could just catch it all on disk or streaming when it came available...
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        I am disappointed that Human Target is not coming back. I thought it was very good. Mrs. Gregg is going to be disappointed when I tell her.
                        Agreed... Guerrero was my favorite character on TV...bummer

I am watching Rescue Me via Netflix streaming (halfway thru season 3 right now)...damn good series...very enjoyable

And happy that the Playstation Network is back up so I can watch it down on the big LCD instead of my computer
                        I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                        You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                        "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                        It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Will miss Human Target but more so Detroit 187 which I thought was one of the better things on TV this season.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Next season is predicted to be the last for House ... and Lisa Edelstein (aka Dr. Cutty) will not be returning ...

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              I've heard that AMC's The Killing has a different killer to the original Danish series (Forbrydelsen) ... so hopefully that will keep it fresh for me. I'm onto the second series of the original, and I've seen good reviews for the remake which began last night.

Some shows with high potential on now, and coming up soon ... Mildred Pierce (mini-series), Game of Thrones, The Killing, The Borgias
                              Bill Simmons did NOT like The Killing. Major spoilers in this article, only read this if you watched all of Season One.
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I am about to watch the last episode of season 1. I will comment on my overall impression when I have seen it.

I think it's been good ... but certainly there have been some flaws ... there was one very odd episode at a crucial point in the series which seemed to focus on a non-relevant aspect of the story (going from what I saw in the original).

I have a feeling they are going to try and stretch the overall plot of the 20 part Danish series into a second series ... if it gets renewed of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X