Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Got that right. I'm not sure which was worse, Theon or whatshisname the armor maker.

J
    sorry, yeah, I was referring to the torture comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      Got that right. I'm not sure which was worse, Theon or whatshisname the armor maker.

J
      Here

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Looks good. The Bridge is quite dark, but probably not as dark as other Scandi series ... so hopefully it translates well.

Also 24 coming back next year ... but in a 10 or 12 part series. I haven't enjoyed a good torture scene in a while.
        lucky you, you missed the dreadfulness that was The Following.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          lucky you, you missed the dreadfulness that was The Following.
          The Kevin Bacon series? I watched the pilot ... maybe the second also ... then dropped it. I planned to go back if people started raving about it.

Taking the same policy with The Americans. Wasn't impressed by the first few episodes of that either ... bit contrived. People seem to like that more though.

Comment

The Kevin Bacon series? I watched the pilot ... maybe the second also ... then dropped it. I planned to go back if people started raving about it.

Taking the same policy with The Americans. Wasn't impressed by the first few episodes of that either ... bit contrived. People seem to like that more though.
            Don't bother with the Following - it just got dumber and dumber as it went along. I quit about midway through.

I think the Americans is pretty solid, but if you didn't care for the first few episodes, I'm not sure if it will get any more enjoyable for you later.

Comment

• I think Hannibal has been very good so far. It does a very good job of creating an underlying mood of menace throughout.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                Don't bother with the Following - it just got dumber and dumber as it went along. I quit about midway through.
                I stuck with it to the end and was actually wishing they would arrest Kevin Bacon and lock him up forever during the last episode of the season...

Speaking of things not at all exceelent... I was shocked to see that Falling Skies is coming back for another season.

I watched a whole bunch of Revolutions last night ondemand... the story/mythology is decent but the mood sucks... no one can stay that angry and focused all the time... let alone everyone.
                That has been my problem with a bunch of new shows lately... the complete lack of humor shown. Maybe it started with 24, but with that the whole thing was supposed to take place in 24 hours, so I guess it made sense. You can stay angry and focused for a day. But shows like Falling Skies, Revolution, Flashforward and a few others are just completely void of any humor. I don't expect them to be sitcoms, but Deadwood was the grittiest show on TV and I thought it was hysterical most of the time. Rayland Givens was described as the angriest man his ex knew and is very funny in a dark way. If you've lived in a world without electricity for 20 years, or aliens have taken over or whatever, you're gonna laugh about it occasionally. You have to. Every moment can't be more dramatic than the last.
                Last edited by heyelander; 05-22-2013, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Saving Hope (Dropped by NBC, continuing on CTV)
                  In a similar move, COPS was canceled by FOX but picked up by SPIKE.

In this country, you can never have enough footage of tweaked-out guys in wifebeaters being tackled and handcuffed.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I think Hannibal has been very good so far. It does a very good job of creating an underlying mood of menace throughout.
                    I came into this thread to ask whether I should bother with Hannibal ... job done!

Comment

I stuck with it to the end and was actually wishing they would arrest Kevin Bacon and lock him up forever during the last episode of the season...

Speaking of things not at all exceelent... I was shocked to see that Falling Skies is coming back for another season.

I watched a whole bunch of Revolutions last night ondemand... the story/mythology is decent but the mood sucks... no one can stay that angry and focused all the time... let alone everyone.
                      That has been my problem with a bunch of new shows lately... the complete lack of humor shown. Maybe it started with 24, but with that the whole thing was supposed to take place in 24 hours, so I guess it made sense. You can stay angry and focused for a day. But shows like Falling Skies, Revolution, Flashforward and a few others are just completely void of any humor. I don't expect them to be sitcoms, but Deadwood was the grittiest show on TV and I thought it was hysterical most of the time. Rayland Givens was described as the angriest man his ex knew and is very funny in a dark way. If you've lived in a world without electricity for 20 years, or aliens have taken over or whatever, you're gonna laugh about it occasionally. You have to. Every moment can't be more dramatic than the last.
                      I thought Elementary was great for its first season. Saying that, I didn't really like the climax to the season. Much as I was delighted to see more of Natalie Dormer, I don't really think it worked well. Don't want to say anymore as it could be considered spoilery.

Comment

I thought Elementary was great for its first season. Saying that, I didn't really like the climax to the season. Much as I was delighted to see more of Natalie Dormer, I don't really think it worked well. Don't want to say anymore as it could be considered spoilery.
                        Thought Elementary was excellent and I actually liked the way it ended this season. It was different enough to be fresh and came to something of a conclusion while leaving things open for later hijinx, which I was happy with.

Comment

Thought Elementary was excellent and I actually liked the way it ended this season. It was different enough to be fresh and came to something of a conclusion while leaving things open for later hijinx, which I was happy with.
                          Overall I thought it was superb. The only 'must watch' drama from the Network channels this year. Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu were brilliant ... my thoughts were that the Natalie Dormer character didn't fit well with their dynamic ... kind off pushed Watson into the background.

Comment

• It's 11pm ... I think it would be extremely unwise to start this now!

Comment

Overall I thought it was superb. The only 'must watch' drama from the Network channels this year. Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu were brilliant ... my thoughts were that the Natalie Dormer character didn't fit well with their dynamic ... kind off pushed Watson into the background.
                              I guess that's why I liked that they sort of ended it. She will obviously be back at some point, but I didn't want the whole show to move into the search for Morriarty as a constant arc. I was glad they kind of concluded it.

Comment

• Anyone watching Rectify on Sundance Channel? I'm four episodes in and it's pretty good so far.

ETA: Same producers as Breaking Bad.
                                Last edited by DMT; 05-28-2013, 04:37 PM.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X