No announcement yet.

Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed. Mrs. RR and I plan to watch this together next week.

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
    I watched The Americans last night. It was good enough to keep on the DVR and watch next week. That is all I can ask for out of a pilot.

Comment

• House of Cards = best contemporary drama since Breaking Bad. This show alone makes the Netflix subscription worth it ... and Arrested Development coming soon.

Good use of a weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
        I watched The Americans last night. It was good enough to keep on the DVR and watch next week. That is all I can ask for out of a pilot.
        We were entertained as well.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I did a bit of reading up on House of Cards ... a couple of years back, Netflix were in discussion with several production companies to bring original content exclusively to the site, but they all wanted the shows to air on HBO/Showtime etc first, then be available on Netflix 2 months later. Netflix weren't having that, so instead they campaigned hard and offered a guaranteed 2 seasons and $100m budget for exclusivity with House of Cards ... plus complete artistic freedom, no pressure, no timetable, and they didn't even have to make a pilot.

I can vouch that it really does feel like a 12 hour movie.

If they can profitably devote this kind of $$ for original content of this quality, this changes everything again ... just like HBO in the late 90's. Apparently they have budgeted another $400m for more original content, no doubt helped by the fact their stock has exploded lately on the back of this.

Comment

• Just realized that if I use an IP dodging browser plugin that I can access the US Netflix with my UK account

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              Just realized that if I use an IP dodging browser plugin that I can access the US Netflix with my UK account
              Ha ha, we do the same thing in reverse to watch the BBC....
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                So there's this show on HBO or something called "Girls". It is, as you might guess, pretty much a show for the ladies. I guess it's okay but I found it pretty damn boring when I watched it the first time with the wifey (neither of us having any idea what the show was).

She, however, is absolutely hooked and loves this show. If you want a guaranteed hour to do whatever the F you want, introduce your wife to this show.
                Critics love this show so I gave it a shot. It is really annoying and I don't find it funny at all. Guess I am not the target audience either.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                  Critics love this show so I gave it a shot. It is really annoying and I don't find it funny at all. Guess I am not the target audience either.
                  I barely got through the first episode, too bad we have no women on RJ to explain the appeal of this show.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Community is back tonight. Somehow this terrific show has survived into a 4th season despite the ratings. Hope it's not the last.

I guess I'm the only one who likes Girls? :removesmancardfromwallet:

Comment

I thought it was fine and it did have its moments but it's extremely obviously aimed at women (and Johnny, apparently).
                      So what you're saying is that this might not be the right place to post nudes of Lena Durham?

Comment

• Rewatching Breaking Bad again before the finale starts this summer. Just accidentally binge watched the first 2 seasons. Just as brilliant as the first time ... though Walter and Jesse both come across more negatively than the first view ... both are real low lifes with not much in the way of redeeming features ... apart from being amazing characters.

I especially like the parts when Jesse tries to act clever when he's around someone more stupid than himself. Those bits are so well constructed ...the whole thing is to be fair.
                        Last edited by johnnya24; 02-08-2013, 01:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          Best show on TV comes back tonight! Archer on FX

Somewhat not safe for work (sound)
                          Watched the first episode of Archer last night ... freakin hilarious.

What does "johnny bench called" mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            Rewatching Breaking Bad again before the finale starts this summer. Just accidentally binge watched the first 2 seasons. Just as brilliant as the first time ... though Walter and Jesse both come across more negatively than the first view ... both are real low lifes with not much in the way of redeeming features ... apart from being amazing characters.

I especially like the parts when Jesse tries to act clever when he's around someone more stupid than himself. Those bits are so well constructed ...the whole thing is to be fair.
                            You needed to watch the show again to figure that out?
                            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                              You needed to watch the show again to figure that out?
                              I did say "more" negatively. I still kinda like them, especially Jesse in a feel-sorry-for-him & laugh-along-with-his-cock-ups kinda way. The scenes were he was trying to look clever in front on Badger were hilarious ... and he does feel huge remorse for his actions. Walter ... not so much ... he gets a hard on every time he breaks badder.

Comment

The coolest part of Breaking Bad is that it's filmed in my town and many of the shots are literally two blocks from my house. That scene where Hank takes Walter Jr. to go talk to the hooker in the parking lot? That's a crappy motel just down the road from me.

But THE coolest thing about the show is that the duplex where Jesse lived next to his hottie landlord's daughter was my old studio apartment! I used to live there --- it's on the corner of Terrace and Lead. The place is actually a four plex and the inside shots were shot in a studio. That's not what the tiny place actually looks like --- it's actually four small studio apartments. Still, it used to be mine!
                                Really? Damn ... small world! That's pretty much were I left off last night after the cunty-cutie-chokes-on-her-own-vomit-scene ... which I can now amend as cunty-cutie-chokes-on-her-own-vomit-at-eldiablo's-old-place-scene.

Comment

Working...
                                X