Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    Ah, and I've finally gotten around to Battle Star Galactica. Just started season 1 on netflix and it's good stuff!
    Did you watch the mini-series first? Important to see that first IMO. 2 parts, about 4 hours in total.

On first viewing I enjoyed the first 2 seasons more than the last 2 season. But on second viewing, it was the other way around.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
      My wife hates Battlestar Galactica so much that she's essentially stopped watching it altogether.

I like it pretty well but the acting is definitely lacking and there are eyeroll moments o' plenty. Still, there have been some episodes that were just amazing. That one called 33 where they had to keep hyperjumping or whatever over and over was just fantastic.
      I didn't notice those moments so much in the first watch, but on second watch it wasn't as good as I first thought. I downgraded it from a God Tier level show to the second tier. Still a great show, and the best ever sci fi series, but it just can't hold company with The Wire, BB, Boardwalk Empire, Sopranos, Deadwood.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Did you watch the mini-series first? Important to see that first IMO. 2 parts, about 4 hours in total.

On first viewing I enjoyed the first 2 seasons more than the last 2 season. But on second viewing, it was the other way around.
        the first couple of shows I saw were well over an hour long, so I guess they started with that.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• For my money - Doctor Who is the best Sci-Fi series of all time, but I do enjoy Firefly and keep meaning to find time for BSG.

Comment

Agreed. I just started watching Blood & Chrome on YouTube. Only saw the first 20 minutes, but I'm hooked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
              My two boys have very much been enjoying "Arrow", the Green Arrow reboot....I've watched some, and it's enjoyable with plenty of eye-candy
              Same here. I'd feel less guilty if the sister wasn't 17.

Comment

I'd put Firefly way, way ahead of BG. I'd probably also put Star Trek the Next Generation and The X-Files (is that sci-fi?) and probably Lost ahead as well. Still, BG is pretty good.
                I thought Firefly was good ... but not as good as everyone said it was. I was too narrow in my definition of sci fi ... was referring to space dramas, not the whole wider genre. X-Files was awesome, especially the first few series. If supernatural is classed as sci-fi, then Twin Peaks is probably the best in my book.

Comment

• Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
                  That's legal here

Arrow you say ... hmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                    For my money - Doctor Who is the best Sci-Fi series of all time, but I do enjoy Firefly and keep meaning to find time for BSG.
                    Never liked Dr Who. Maybe I just never let myself "get it". I know it's not supposed to be hard sci fi, but I just put myself over to it. I'd try, and then a blue headed prosthetic space alien would appear in some bizarre off-kilter camp plot, and I'd just switch off. Probably just me.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                      the first couple of shows I saw were well over an hour long, so I guess they started with that.
                      the webisodes are also well worth watching, particularly those between seasons 1 and 2 and 2 and 2.5 I think....
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I'd put Firefly way, way ahead of BG. I'd probably also put Star Trek the Next Generation and The X-Files (is that sci-fi?) and probably Lost ahead as well. Still, BG is pretty good.
                        STeep Space Nine is my favorite of the Treks, X-Files before the last 3 seasons was great as well, and yea, only the shiny Alliance doesn't like Firefly....
                        Last edited by Fresno Bob; 01-04-2013, 06:55 PM. Reason: DS9 makes smiley
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
                          this just in, she's not really 17....she'll be 22 in june

Comment

then Twin Peaks is probably the best in my book.
                            speaking of eyecandy.....well, all except that twig girl Donna......

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                              speaking of eyecandy.....well, all except that twig girl Donna......
                              There will always be room for Audrey Horne

Comment

• Twin Peaks factoid ... Peggy Lipton who played Norma Jennings is the mother of Rashida Jones (Anne Perkins from Parks and Recreation)

She had the 60's look down to a tee

Rashida Jones

Comment

Working...
                                X