Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The DENNIS system

Comment

• I watched "Last Resort" last night, it was like Crimson Tide (which I watched last week) meets the grimness of Battlestar Galactica. Standard pilot issues of trying to jam too much into one hour, but I'll watch the next couple of episodes.
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
        I watched "Last Resort" last night, it was like Crimson Tide (which I watched last week) meets the grimness of Battlestar Galactica. Standard pilot issues of trying to jam too much into one hour, but I'll watch the next couple of episodes.
        Same here. Any show that in its first ten minutes can pinpoint the only good thing about the Reagan Presidency (that he made the Russians think he was bat-shlt crazy) gets a second hour of my time

Now, demonstrating the same thinking at the end of the first episode by detonating a nuke about 100 miles off of the Delaware Shore to make a point... uhm, maybe not so good.
        "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

• Always sunny..best show on tv..
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
            I watched "Last Resort" last night, it was like Crimson Tide meets the grimness of Battlestar Galactica. Standard pilot issues of trying to jam too much into one hour, but I'll watch the next couple of episodes.
            Sounds like a blast.

Comment

• The League starts up again Thursday night!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                The League starts up again Thursday night!
                I hope that means Always Sunny starts up Thursday also ... The League is usually on afterwards right?

Has Mac lost the weight I wonder.

Edit: Ya

Last edited by johnnya24; 10-10-2012, 07:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFurious View Post
                  Sadly, I did see it. It just happened to be coming on the channel we were watching or I would have missed it. Darn the luck. I thought it was about as bad as the first episode, but I have to say they do a good job with the endings and the previews for the next shows. As bad as I think the show is, I think I'll watch it again next week if I happen to see it on.

Why in the world would all the furniture and all the houses they inhabit be 19th century looking? Goes along with the muskets I guess. I hate myself for watching this show.

OK, so I missed the last two episodes of Revolution. Have I missed anything interesting?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFurious View Post
                    OK, so I missed the last two episodes of Revolution. Have I missed anything interesting?
                    Frae will know

Comment

• Nothing new has thrilled me much. I think Elementary is the most watchable of the bunch, but mostly because it reminds me a bit of House.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        Nothing new has thrilled me much. I think Elementary is the most watchable of the bunch, but mostly because it reminds me a bit of House.
                        I haven't seen this yet ... looked quite interesting.

The cast of Trainspotting have done quite well for themselves. I only realised last week that Lucious Vorinus from Rome was Tommy (the one who got his sex tape stolen, saw his relationship break up, and then became a dope addict). All the following were virtual unknowns at the time:

Ewan McGregor (multiple starring roles)
                        Robert Carlyle (multiple starring roles)
                        Kevin McKidd (Rome)
                        Kelly Macdonald (Boardwalk Empire)
                        Jonny Lee Miller (Elementary)
                        Peter Mullan (multiple usually supporting roles)

Danny Boyle gets it done.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          . I only realised last week that Lucious Vorinus from Rome was Tommy (the one who got his sex tape stolen, saw his relationship break up, and then became a dope addict).
                          He's been on Grey's Anatomy for awhile now too. (We only have 1 TV).
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Last Resort is pretty awful. When I first read about this I had Das Boot or Crimson Tide in mind ... this is nothing like Das Boot or Crimson Tide. They have killed the whole submarine-premise by parking the fecking sub in an atoll. This is going to be absolute torture seeing them stretch this into 20 episodes.

The hot mouthy broad who supposedly invented a sub cloaking device is just ridiculous.

I miss The Unit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                              It's not a bad point. Neighbors looks like it will draw heavily from the French Smith concept of Third Rock, but it's been long enough to be fresh again imo.
                              Three weeks in and it is still making me laugh.

I am enjoying the in your face we are aliens concept. The writers are keeping a very fast pace. So far much better than I expected.

After this week I can say I am looking forward with guarded optimism to the next episode.

Comment

• Caught up with Boss season 2 over the weekend ... excellent show. The first few episodes of this season were slow, but from 4 onward, it was very good.

Comment

Working...
                                X