No announcement yet.

Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul McCartney, Elvis Costello, Neil Diamond & alice Cooper on Later with Jools Holland tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      Began watching Spartacus ... really good show so far. John Hannah is brilliant ... I'm so used to watching him play weak a$$ weedy characters on UK TV, it's weird seeing him play a role with some serious balls.
      By jupiters cock, spartacus is awesome, you'll like him even more when you watch Gods of the Arena. Vengence comes to netflix sept 11th.....kill them all!
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
        By jupiters cock, spartacus is awesome, you'll like him even more when you watch Gods of the Arena. Vengence comes to netflix sept 11th.....kill them all!
        Yeah ... I'm completely caught up now ... some of the most brutal deaths I've ever seen. Particularly memorable was the jaw wrench and the face-off.

I have even started to talk without the use of articles

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Paul McCartney, Elvis Costello, Neil Diamond & alice Cooper on Later with Jools Holland tonight.
          Love Palladia...this was the first episode they aired, great stuff. They've also been showing highlights to a bunch of festivals as well as the Flaming Lips doing 'Dark Side of the Moon'.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I've probably seen the same previews you have ... let me see if I can find a brief review I read somewhere. Got it:

Didn't fill me full of anticipation ... but worth a shot.
            I'm enjoying Copper on BBC America so far. The whole Gangs of New York 5 points setting is pretty cool.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              I'm enjoying Copper on BBC America so far. The whole Gangs of New York 5 points setting is pretty cool.
              I watched the first episode in a bit of a hurry. II'm not going to make a snap judgement, especially since it was the pilot ... seems to be a crime procedural?

Comment

I watched the first episode in a bit of a hurry. II'm not going to make a snap judgement, especially since it was the pilot ... seems to be a crime procedural?
                Pretty much. It's just an interesting time and place in the country that hasn't been done much.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Silvio's back ... in a new Norwegian Gangster series

It's the Norwegian gangster show, possibly best described as The Sopranos with snow

Just when he thought he was out, they pulled him back in.

Comment

• Honey & Vinegar = Good Realtor Bad Realtor ... genius ... why is this scene not on YouTube

Comment

• 2nd season of Boss is great so far.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                        2nd season of Boss is great so far.
                        Yeah ... most underrated show on TV IMO. Friday evening seems like a really bad time slot for such a great show. Not as good as series 1 ... but building up nicely.

Comment

• It'll be hard for Boardwalk Empire to top last season, but this year has started well ... looks like the Chicago side of things is going to take off this season.

Was George Remus in it last year?

Comment

• Revolution ... awful. Will be lucky to survive past mid-season judging by ep1.

Everything that is bad about network tv channels trying to make big production shows is exemplified here ... just a complete lack of authenticity and believability.

Every year they come up with a new shows like this, and every year they make the same fundamental errors. A generation raised on HBO and AMC quality production will never stomach this nonsense.

It was promising for about 5 minutes then the two Disney teenagers turned up with perfectly groomed salon hair-do's and straight off-the-shelf designer cloths. I LOL'd when the girl went looking for water and accidentally bumped into the male fashion model who just happened to be flexing his muscles, flicking his salon quiff, and admiring his brand new skin tight Versace top. Exactly what you'd expect to find while wandering in the wilderness (or watching a South Park episode taking the piss out of shows like this). In fact no-one had a hair out of place, and all were wearing brand new clothes and shoes. Nevermind the fact that they had all been living in the dark ages for 15 years.

I'm wondering how Lost was ever made judging by this crap.

Dropped.
                            Last edited by johnnya24; 09-18-2012, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• I agree. It was terrible.

Comment

• Touch.

I never look forward to this show. However, after every show I say to my wife that was pretty good, better than I thought it would be. She always replies, you say that every time.

Comment

Working...
                                X