No announcement yet.

Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I loved the first three seasons of True Blood. Season 4 was pretty weird and lacked a compelling villain. We don't have HBO so we won't see Season 5 until Netflix has it. But my wife loves it and I don't mind the boobs, so we're probably in for the long haul.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
      I loved the first three seasons of True Blood. Season 4 was pretty weird and lacked a compelling villain. We don't have HBO so we won't see Season 5 until Netflix has it. But my wife loves it and I don't mind the boobs, so we're probably in for the long haul.
      Yeah, not even any boobs anymore. In the 2 1/2 episodes I watched last night there were absolutely none. If they got Jessica to take her top off then I might start watching again.

Comment

• Given all the sex scenes she had in Season 4 without showing anything, it's obvious that Debra Ann Woll (Jessica) has a no-nudity clause.

Comment

Given all the sex scenes she had in Season 4 without showing anything, it's obvious that Debra Ann Woll (Jessica) has a no-nudity clause.
          This makes booboo very sad

I've watched all previous series of True Blood ... have not been motivated to watch at all this year. I probably will watch it at some point, but I haven't even had time to watch Mad Men yet.

Comment

Given all the sex scenes she had in Season 4 without showing anything, it's obvious that Debra Ann Woll (Jessica) has a no-nudity clause.
            But she did have one episode where I think they showed her topless. The one where her and Jason were in the back of the truck, I believe. Maybe she was uncomfortable in that scene and didn't want to do it again? I don't know.

There's plenty of nudity in this season if that's all you're watching it for, though there were a few episodes without any.

Comment

• Hell on Wheels season 2 tonight!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Hell on Wheels season 2 tonight!
                I gave up on that ... you can let us know if it gets any better.

Comment

• Johnny... Saw commercials for a show "Copper" that is coming out on BBC America here in a couple of weeks. Know anything about it? Production value looked pretty high.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                    There's plenty of nudity in this season if that's all you're watching it for, though there were a few episodes without any.
                    Including Luna (Janina Gavinkar) last night...one of the better episodes of the season (which isn't saying much).

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      Including Luna (Janina Gavinkar) last night...one of the better episodes of the season (which isn't saying much).

The Shiva!
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        Johnny... Saw commercials for a show "Copper" that is coming out on BBC America here in a couple of weeks. Know anything about it? Production value looked pretty high.
                        I've probably seen the same previews you have ... let me see if I can find a brief review I read somewhere. Got it:

With the return of AMC's "Hell on Wheels" and the debuts of "Copper" and "The Crimson Petal and the White" -- a trio of hardscrabble dramas set in the 19th Century -- it's starting to look like Tribute to Old-Timey Prostitutes Month.

This is BBC America's first original scripted series, Barry Levinson is an executive producer and its head writer is Tom Fontana ("Oz," "Homicide"), so my expectations were robust when it came to "Copper," in which Tom Weston-Jones plays a New York detective working the rough Five Points district in 1864.

As it is, the decent but unspectacular "Copper" comes off as "Deadwood Cop," minus the Milch: It's more or less a police procedural with added corsets and waistcoats. In the first two episodes, the drama doesn't do much with the character-building opportunities offered by cable, and that's very strange, given that British dramas (especially the top tier of U.K. cop dramas) are usually so meaty in that regard. Weston-Jones' character has a troubled past, but his personal quest feels a little shopworn, and the police cases aren't that complex or unpredictable.

Also, as is the case with "Hell on Wheels," "Copper" makes one appreciate the attention to detail on "Game of Thrones," which allows the viewer to fully submerge himself or herself in the show's world. These shows don't have "Game's" coin or the HBO show's exceptional world-building abilities; I can lose myself in Westeros, but while watching "Copper" and "Wheels." I rarely forgot that I was looking at period-specific sets (watching actors recite occasionally stilted dialogue didn't help matters).

Of the four dramas mentioned here, this is the one I'm most likely to give additional chances, but that leap of faith is based more on the show's pedigree than on the workmanlike episodes I saw.
                        Didn't fill me full of anticipation ... but worth a shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          I've probably seen the same previews you have ... let me see if I can find a brief review I read somewhere. Got it:

Didn't fill me full of anticipation ... but worth a shot.
                          I set the DVR... we will see.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Began watching Spartacus ... really good show so far. John Hannah is brilliant ... I'm so used to watching him play weak a$$ weedy characters on UK TV, it's weird seeing him play a role with some serious balls.

Comment

• John Hannah is that guy from Four Weddings and a Funeral and Sliding Doors, right? I wondered what happened to him, he doesn't seem to have shown up in much stuff that's made it to the US since then.

Comment

John Hannah is that guy from Four Weddings and a Funeral and Sliding Doors, right? I wondered what happened to him, he doesn't seem to have shown up in much stuff that's made it to the US since then.
                                Yeah ... that and The Mummy. Mostly comedic roles ... I suppose you need to a bit of comedy sensibility to be able to make sense of the ridiculousness of the lifestyle.

Comment

Working...
                                X