Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
    Southland = pretty good, especially since it switched to TNT. But it's not revolutionary or anything.
    More Blue Bloods than The Wire or the Shield?

Comment

• Split down the middle. Certainly don't expect another Wire.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
          Your spoiler idea is interesting, but she did mention that the child was black of hair, which suggests to me that he was older when he met his demise.
          His spoiler idea is actually in the book. I had suspected as much when I initially watched the show. But Cersei confirmed it during her conversation with Ned Stark when she gave her dialogue about playing the game of thrones.

Comment

• I thought 2nd half of season 2 of 'The Walking Dead' was excellent but there are definitely some annoying plot holes; they need to tighten up.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Good read for fans of the 'The Wire' and 'Sopranos'.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Anyone else watching the Borgias? It's up there with the best shows on TV IMO. It's gone under the radar with all the hoopla surrounding GoT.
                Last edited by johnnya24; 04-12-2012, 06:08 AM.

Comment

• Watching GoT has given me a blood lust to have the main characters from other show butchered. I've been hoping someone would kill Gregory House and all of his new(ish) crew this season. Definitely this should be the last season ... it's getting tired and predictable, and with Cutty and her pencil skirts no longer sauntering about, it's just not that interesting any more. We lose Cutty's fine ass/chest milf combo, and gain nerdy Korean girl farting in an elevator ... maybe old Gregg would like this ... poor exchange if you ask me.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    Watching GoT has given me a blood lust to have the main characters from other show butchered. I've been hoping someone would kill Gregory House and all of his new(ish) crew this season. Definitely this should be the last season ... it's getting tired and predictable, and with Cutty and her pencil skirts no longer sauntering about, it's just not that interesting any more. We lose Cutty's fine ass/chest milf combo, and gain nerdy Korean girl farting in an elevator ... maybe old Gregg would like this ... poor exchange if you ask me.
                    It is definitely the last season. They've already announced as much, I believe. Just hope they give it a good ending, but I don't really have much hope that they will.

Comment

• The final season of Breaking Bad will be split into two parts.

- Terence McKenna

Comment

• Prisoners of War, the Israeli series on which Homeland is based is starting Thursday. Looking forward to this.

Comment

• Anyone who likes anything to do with tech, science or ancient history might really enjoy this documentary. It's about a team of historian's, scientists, archaeologists and enthusiasts who set out to decipher the remains of the AntiKythera Mechanism from around 60BC. You'll be amazed at the levels of technology the ancients had. This is basically a computer ... similar in many respects to the early computers that Babbage made ... only 2000 years earlier. Incredible.

It's not on YouTube, but it's available from many popular torrent sources (Eztv, MVGRoup). I doubt you can purchase this anywhere, so you'll have to search for: "Two Thousand Year Old Computer".

The Greeks built this ... then the Romans came. If Hannibal had've finished the Roman's off like he should have, they'd have been playing Halo in about 300AD
                          Last edited by johnnya24; 05-13-2012, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• Has anyone else seen Wilfred? I just caught the first two episodes last night and thought it was pretty good. The premise is a manic-depressive (Elijah Wood), after failing in his most recent suicide attempt, befriends his hot neighbor's dog Wilfred who appears as a man dressed in a dog suit.

It airs on Comedy Central right after Louie.
                            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              Has anyone else seen Wilfred? I just caught the first two episodes last night and thought it was pretty good. The premise is a manic-depressive (Elijah Wood), after failing in his most recent suicide attempt, befriends his hot neighbor's dog Wilfred who appears as a man dressed in a dog suit.

It airs on Comedy Central right after Louie.
                              That sounds so bizarre that it is either genius or utterly awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                That sounds so bizarre that it is either genius or utterly awful.
                                Exactly. I can't call it 'genius' after 2 eps but definitely some potential. Certainly a Durdenesque quality to it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X