Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound NSFW

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      I stopped watch Justified after the pilot, which was really corny and badly wrote ... it must have improved 10x judging by its popular in these parts (and 8.8 rating on IMDB)
      The pilot was just the set up to show he is a hard man and to get him back home.

The character development is one of the best I have seen ever. Right up there with Deadwood and Sopranos.

I lived in the south for a few years and have experienced some of the characters first hand. This may be one of the reasons I have fondness for the show.

It is must see tv for me. My wife really likes it too.

Comment

• Luck has been cancelled by HBO after a 3rd horse died on set.

Comment

• The horse seemed to die in quite random and accidental circumstances. I wonder what the ratings were like. Seems a bit like a baby and bath water situation. In Ireland, when the Econonic crisis hit, thousands of thoroughbreds were put down as people and syndicates could no longer afford to keep them. It barely registered as a story.

Comment

The horse seemed to die in quite random and accidental circumstances. I wonder what the ratings were like. Seems a bit like a baby and bath water situation. In Ireland, when the Econonic crisis hit, thousands of thoroughbreds were put down as people and syndicates could no longer afford to keep them. It barely registered as a story.
            The ratings were very bad from what I've read. It was struggling to hold 500,000 viewers. I wonder, if the ratings were good, would they have still cancelled it. I watched it, but I'm not upset that it got cancelled.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
              The ratings were very bad from what I've read. It was struggling to hold 500,000 viewers. I wonder, if the ratings were good, would they have still cancelled it. I watched it, but I'm not upset that it got cancelled.
              A face saving excuse to cancel a poorly performing show. I was surprised when they green-lit the second series so soon. I watched the pilot, and the second episode ... and saved up the rest ... but I just couldn't motivate myself to watch them. They made the characters too dull IMO ... I didn't care for any of them ... in fact I disliked most of them.

Comment

A face saving excuse to cancel a poorly performing show. I was surprised when they green-lit the second series so soon. I watched the pilot, and the second episode ... and saved up the rest ... but I just couldn't motivate myself to watch them. They made the characters too dull IMO ... I didn't care for any of them ... in fact I disliked most of them.
                Completely agree, except that I watch 4 or 5 of them. I will not miss it.

Comment

• That was the best freakin episode since the 1st one. Lots of action and tension you had no clue was going to live or die. Finally off that stupid farm and back into the unknown world with some new kick ass character teasers for season 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    The Walking Dead just plain kicks ass. Awesome season finale. What the hell was up with the Jedi with zombies on leashes, though?
                    It really is an amazing show, now approaching some all-time great status in my book. My wife was like "is this show renewed for another season?" I said of course. She said "there won't be anyone left." I said "do you even remember most of the characters since Season 1? Most of them are gone now. They'll just create new ones."

AS far as the hooded one, I watched the Talking Dead afterwards, and they said that's a popular character from the comic books, Michelle(?), some kick ass black chick.

Comment

• Just watched the last 2 episodes B2B ... outstanding ... so much for the naysayers saying the show wouldn't survive without mega big budget action sequences every week. Season 2 taken as a whole was some of the best TV ever.

Looks like it's time to fortify for season 3 ...
                      Last edited by johnnya24; 03-19-2012, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• The first 20 minutes of the Walking Dead last night was some of the best TV i have seen. It was flat out great! Can't wait for season 3. Breaking Bad this summer into Walking Dead in the fall, good stuff.

I will be back watching the Killing here soon as well. I know some hated the pace and the lack of an ending to season 1, but I am back for season 2 for sure.

Comment

• Most people who complain about this show are the comic book heroes who already know 99% of the story lines. Well duh yeah i'd hate a show too if i knew what was going to happen. Not knowing these characters long term "plan" makes this show so much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
                            Most people who complain about this show are the comic book heroes who already know 99% of the story lines. Well duh yeah i'd hate a show too if i knew what was going to happen. Not knowing these characters long term "plan" makes this show so much better.
                            Well count me in the 1% then. It just seems like the plan is different location, same conflicts. I'll stay and watch season three, but this show doesn't seem like its moving toward any resolution.

The only character I cared about last night was Daryl and Andrea. Lori is a moron and Rick's little diatribe made him sound whiny.

Herschel's line about resurrection did make me chuckle though.

Comment

• Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                              Well count me in the 1% then. It just seems like the plan is different location, same conflicts. I'll stay and watch season three, but this show doesn't seem like its moving toward any resolution.

The only character I cared about last night was Daryl and Andrea. Lori is a moron and Rick's little diatribe made him sound whiny.

Herschel's line about resurrection did make me chuckle though.
                              Glad I'm not part of the 1% then

As long as it keeps moving, I'm not really concerned about a resolution right now. We've only had basically 1 1/2 seasons, so talk of a resolution seems really premature IMO. I really enjoyed the pacing of this series ... it made the collapse into chaos at the end all the more enthralling.

Still hoping we get Darabond's planned opener for season 2 ... that would be excellent.

I'm not sure what to make of the hooded figure at the end. Seemed to be a bit silly, and not in keeping with mood of the series up to now.

Comment

I'm not sure what to make of the hooded figure at the end. Seemed to be a bit silly, and not in keeping with mood of the series up to now.
                                Read an article that basically said when they shot it they had not cast the part. They have now cast Danai Gurira from Treme as Michonne (the hooded character you saw the end). She won't be hooded on the show, but apparently book readers knew who she was just from that one shot. Anyway she should be more ass kicking than silly looking from here on out.

Comment

Working...
                                X