Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    So far so good. Not on my "must see" list yet. Certainly good enough to keep watching.
    I agree, it's been good. It's also very violent, so much so that I have to cover my 4-year old son's eyes when he's watching.

Also -- did they not have African-American inmates at Alcatraz? The show seems very whitey to me -- the only non-whites have been killed off rather quickly.

Comment

• First episode of Eastbound and Down season 3 was much better ... hopefully the Mexico debacle won't be repeated.
      Last edited by johnnya24; 02-22-2012, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        First episode of season 3 was much better ... hopefully the Mexico debacle won't be repeated.
        huh? .
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• LOL ... Eastbound and Down

Comment

• Downton Abbey with Arrested Development Captions

Comment

• Comment

• Nice to put a face to Stannis and Melisandre ... again, perfect casting.

Comment

• Lucy Lu cast as Joan Watson in CBS's Sherlock series.

Stuart Heritage: The new CBS Sherlock Holmes pilot will introduce Joan Watson to the world. But is that as ridiculous as it first sounds?

As one comment noted: "This has the potential to be so spectacularly, wondrously f*cking awful that I can't wait to see it."

Comment

• she's been doing a decent enough job on Southland this season so far. It is quite a departure from people's expectations though.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Last night's episode of The Walking Dead was amazing. Next part in white: Too bad Dale got whacked, he was a great character.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Last night's episode of The Walking Dead was amazing. Next part in white: Too bad Dale got whacked, he was a great character.
                        spoilers in white:
                        Yeah, he was a good character, but pretty annoying. I'm not sorry to see him go from a character standpoint, but I think the show will miss his moral compass. I'm curious to see what they do because I agree with him from a human standpoint, but practically, what can they do with this guy? They really screwed the pooch with hoping he'll be of any help to them anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Last night's episode of The Walking Dead was amazing. Next part in white: Too bad Dale got whacked, he was a great character.
                          Spoilers in white:

It's a shame to see him go ... I felt his character had an important role to play in creating tension between old world and new world morality. It made from some good contrasts. But from a pragmatic point of view, he was the biggest danger to the group as long as they can prevent a complete breakdown of morality. His ideas don't belong in the new world, and his inability to adapt was a major cause of group instability. He made what should have been a simple decision difficult, and laced everyone with a sense of guilt.

I sense the group is going to fracture as they become more and more ruthless.

... and if the kid wasn't messed up before ...

Shouldn't the group be more concerned that a ruthless group of murdering raping brigands are in the area ... it's only a matter of time before they encounter each other, whether they kill this captive or not. Also, no real discussion of the torture, which in reality closed of any option they may have had for releasing him. Too much confused thinking here ... Rick's leadership is flagging seriously. Shane would be a more appropriate leader IMO ... but much less interesting.
                          Last edited by johnnya24; 03-06-2012, 03:24 AM.

Comment

• Best news I heard all night. Mad Men is back on March 25th!

Comment

• Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                              Best news I heard all night. Mad Men is back on March 25th!
                              Excellent! I just have to finish the last season before then...
                              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                                Best news I heard all night. Mad Men is back on March 25th!
                                Better news (at least for me) Justified is renewed for a 4th full season...

This article was originally on a blog post platform and may be missing photos, graphics or links.

Comment

Working...
                                X