Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game of Thrones teaser...

Comment

• Thanks Frae. The production videos on HBO are also awesome.

Comment

• i can't wait for GoT season 2 - very excited to see how they do...
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• "I understand the way this game is played"

Comment

• For all you Breaking Bad fans (contains spoilers for those not up to date) ... the Breaking Bad RPG for SNES

Comment

• the BBC modern reboot of "Sherlock" is excellent, we've watched season 1 (3 90 minute episodes) on Netflix streaming, ep 2 was a little weak, but 1 and 3 were great, and my wife informed me that I'll like the dominatrix character from Season 2 a lot....
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• I've seen season 1, but didn't realize season 2 was showing already.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  the BBC modern reboot of "Sherlock" is excellent, we've watched season 1 (3 90 minute episodes) on Netflix streaming, ep 2 was a little weak, but 1 and 3 were great, and my wife informed me that I'll like the dominatrix character from Season 2 a lot....
                  Season 2 is very good also ... and the climax ...

Can we really call these "seasons"? The BBC has gotten their act together recently with Luther and Sherlock. Still pretty pathetic that they can only manage 3 and 6 episodes a year respectively though.

I prefer this modern reboot to the recent Sherlock Holmes movie franchise, which to be fair I also like.

Comment

• Re-watched Game Of Thrones on blue ray on a 50" screen ... I caved and bought the books ... have to know what happens next.

I reckon this show has the chops to be the GOAT if they don't lose the production values.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                      I thought the first episode was OK-- good acting hampered by tired writing. I agree with Ed-- not off the DVR list yet, but it's going to have to improve. Right now my major question is, "What was Dustin Hoffman thinking"?
                      believe it or not, HBO renewed Luck today for a second season. That was quick!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        believe it or not, HBO renewed Luck today for a second season. That was quick!
                        We watched the first show. I have to admit I was let down. Previews looked a lot better than the package. I am hoping for a really big second episode.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          We watched the first show. I have to admit I was let down. Previews looked a lot better than the package. I am hoping for a really big second episode.
                          I thought it picked up well in the second half, and has a lot of potential ... I just hope they remember to keep the pacing right. Parts of the pilot really dragged.

Comment

• if any of you watch The Firm, it's already been banished to Saturday nights, which essentially means it's a goner.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              if any of you watch The Firm, it's already been banished to Saturday nights, which essentially means it's a goner.
                              thank goodness... I've got 3 or 4 sitting on my DVR... I can delete them guilt free now.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                thank goodness... I've got 3 or 4 sitting on my DVR... I can delete them guilt free now.
                                It's not that bad actually ... it's just been terribly miscast IMO.

The only role that has been decently cast is his brother. The other 3 main characters are not convincing, especially as it's a sequel to the movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X