No announcement yet.

Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I re-watched GoT to prepare for season two and man it is still an amazing show.

Comment

• Touch with Kiefer Sutherland looks to be a good one. Great casting. Pilot was outstanding.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
        I re-watched GoT to prepare for season two and man it is still an amazing show.
        Such a good idea ...

Comment

• Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
          I re-watched GoT to prepare for season two and man it is still an amazing show.
          Yeah I am actually reading the first book to get ready for season 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
            Yeah I am actually reading the first book to get ready for season 2.
            I wish I had time for leisure reading. So swamped.

AS for TV shows, I've been enjoying Bourdain's The Layover.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
              I watched Lost on Netflix. Awesome.
              I also wanted to maybe get through Battlestar Gallactica although that's old news.?
              If you thought Lost was awesome, you have no problem with awful endings so you'll actually not be let down by the end of BSG.
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                If you thought Lost was awesome, you have no problem with awful endings so you'll actually not be let down by the end of BSG.
                BSG is worth watch for the first 2 series alone ... I liked the final 3 series, just not as much. Those first 2 series are spectacular. The final 3 series were good, but I think they don't seem as good because the bar was set so high. I'll watch it again in a few years time ...

... I never really had a problem with the ending. A bit like Lost, the time was right even if it wasn't absolutely perfect.

The only reason not to watch BSG is if you really really hate sci fi. Otherwise, it's a must watch. And because there is so much more going on, I think you can enjoy it even if you don't like sci fi.
                Last edited by johnnya24; 01-29-2012, 08:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                  Anyone watching Alcatraz? So far it's pretty decent. It seems a bit too much of a procedural - catch the crook of the week. There are some bits of mystery added, of course, so I hope they will answer those in a satisfactory amount of time.

Also, I've been watching the Fades on BBC America, which I'm enjoying. Love these kinds of creepy shows.
                  We had it Dvr'd and watched it last night. Seems to filmed well, we like the characters. So far so good. We do not mind catching the crook of the week. Person of Interest does that and we like that too.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    BSG is worth watch for the first 2 series alone ... I liked the final 3 series, just not as much. Those first 2 series are spectacular. The final 3 series were good, but I think they don't seem as good because the bar was set so high. I'll watch it again in a few years time ...

... I never really had a problem with the ending. A bit like Lost, the time was right even if it wasn't absolutely perfect.

The only reason not to watch BSG is if you really really hate sci fi. Otherwise, it's a must watch. And because there is so much more going on, I think you can enjoy it even if you don't like sci fi.
                    the ending of BSG was disappointing but great compared to the Lost ending. So if you can somehow get through Lost and still think its great, the ending of BSG wont bother you at all.

The second season of BSG was quite good also. To me it didnt start going downhill until sometime after the rescue in season 3.
                    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                      Anyone watching Alcatraz? So far it's pretty decent. It seems a bit too much of a procedural - catch the crook of the week. There are some bits of mystery added, of course, so I hope they will answer those in a satisfactory amount of time.
                      crook of the week absolutely turns me off, I'll pass unless it gets outstanding reviews.

Comment

• I have a full retcon in my head of the ending of BSG, mostly anchored around Kara Thrace, her "special destiny" and the "Cult of Daniel"....PM me if you want to hear more...

Deadwood did end terribly, I had no real problem with the Soprano's ending, and I though the Wire was going to end better, but as El D said, all great shows. For me, the greatest ending of a great show was "The Shield".
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Sadly we never got a chance to see the ending of Deadwood ... it was scheduled for 5 seasons, and they pulled the plug after 3 ... promising to deliver a movie / TV movie to finish the story off ... which they also reneged on.

Deadwood would have had a brilliant ending given that it was following the path of the actual town of Deadwood which went up in flames.

The Shield had the best ending of any series I've ever seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                            the ending of BSG was disappointing but great compared to the Lost ending. So if you can somehow get through Lost and still think its great, the ending of BSG wont bother you at all.

The second season of BSG was quite good also. To me it didnt start going downhill until sometime after the rescue in season 3.
                            After re-watching the series...the last season of BSG was frakkin incredible the second time around -- i think it was better because i already knew what was going to happen, so when they pull the rug out from under you (multiple times) I knew it was coming. It lets you step back and realize how great the set-up was, that sort of thing.

Edit to add: I would encourage you watch the last season of BSG with the commentary from Ron Moore enabled on the disc (if you have the disc).

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                              There have been plenty of shows with poor endings. The Sopranos springs to mind and that was another great show. Deadwood is another. I didn't love the end or even the last season of The Wire and that's a fantastic show.
                              Really? I could see not being thrilled with the last season, the whole serial killer thing was kind of goofy, but the very end I thought was perfect.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                Really? I could see not being thrilled with the last season, the whole serial killer thing was kind of goofy, but the very end I thought was perfect.
                                Yeah ... I think the whole point of the ending was related to the message of the series ... that crime is a symptom of poverty and as long as you have an underclass you will never solve these problems. Having a pleasing resolution would have defeated the purpose.

In fact, I have never really thought about how The Wire wrapped up ... it just seemed to have ended the way it should have ended.
                                Last edited by johnnya24; 01-29-2012, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X