Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
    The season finale of last year really raised the bar. It went from being a pleasant procedural to something much more than that. Both the bald dude and the Asian guy without the glasses were on Lost. The Asian guy with the glasses was on Heroes.
    Think of the money they could have saved if they found a bald Asian dude with glasses

Comment

• gave a few new shows a shot:
      - Two Broke Girls -- sucked ass
      - Whitney -- sucked ass
      - Person of Interest -- very good. Cazievel is great. This one will be added to the DVR.

Any Two and a Half Men fans? What did you think of Ashton Kutcher? If that's the character he's going with, that's a huge disappointment and pretty annoying.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        gave a few new shows a shot:
        - Two Broke Girls -- sucked ass
        - Whitney -- sucked ass
        - Person of Interest -- very good. Cazievel is great. This one will be added to the DVR.

Any Two and a Half Men fans? What did you think of Ashton Kutcher? If that's the character he's going with, that's a huge disappointment and pretty annoying.
        Two Broke Girls, Person of Interest and Two and Half Men are on the DVR.. yet to watch. also How I Met Your mother and Big Bang Theory...

When will i find the time? I have season 4 of Mad Men waiting...I want to watch Season 4 of The Wire.. I have half of last season of the Mentalist to watch..plus last night's ep...somethings gotta give
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Person of Interest was a little clunky in its pacing, but I'm sure that's something that will be fixed over time. But the premise is very good and Michael Emerson (another Lost alum) is always worth watching.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            Thought Hawaii 5-0 remake was good but not great in its rookie season.

But the Season 2 premiere the other day, just watched it on DVR - wow, that was impressive.
            Haven't seen "Lost," but I think someone said the bald white guy from that show is the new guy on this one.

Not a lot in common with the original 1970s show beyond the character names. Nice touch turning "Kono" from a fat, middle-aged local guy into a smokin', surfboard-totin' Grace Park in this version. Yowza.
            Mrs. Gregg liked the show better than I did (watched it from day 1). I found it tolerable with some interesting moments. It did seem to get better as it went on. We have not seen this season's kick off yet. DVR'd, most likely tonight. Glad to hear it has stepped up.

Comment

• Person of Interest seems a little more procedural than I was expecting from JJ Abrams. I love Michael Emerson so I'll keep watching, but I'm hoping it gets a little more mysterious. I think Cazievel is going to be good too.

Five-O had a really good debut. For a show I thought would be a lot of fluff it's actually turned out well. And yeah... Grace Park.

I actually kind of liked Two Broke Girls. Pretty raunchy for a network show. Will probably get old fast. We are still watching HIMYM, the first 2 episodes had some laughs but really we're just sticking it out until the end at this point.

Mrs. JC is watching a bunch of other shows. Ringer is not bad, I like SMG but it seems like it was written by a film student with a film noir textbook and nothing else. I didn't pay a lot of attention to Revenge, it seemed pretty soap-opera-ey, so that's a good time for me to write my blog. Nice scenery in the Hamptons though.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                Person of Interest seems a little more procedural than I was expecting from JJ Abrams. I love Michael Emerson so I'll keep watching, but I'm hoping it gets a little more mysterious. I think Cazievel is going to be good too.

Five-O had a really good debut. For a show I thought would be a lot of fluff it's actually turned out well. And yeah... Grace Park.

I actually kind of liked Two Broke Girls. Pretty raunchy for a network show. Will probably get old fast. We are still watching HIMYM, the first 2 episodes had some laughs but really we're just sticking it out until the end at this point.

Mrs. JC is watching a bunch of other shows. Ringer is not bad, I like SMG but it seems like it was written by a film student with a film noir textbook and nothing else. I didn't pay a lot of attention to Revenge, it seemed pretty soap-opera-ey, so that's a good time for me to write my blog. Nice scenery in the Hamptons though.
                yeah, HIMYM has steadily disappointed over the last few seasons. It had a nice run. Hopefully CBS reveals who the mother is (probably Robyn) before they yank the show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                  The writing is just terrible, which is a huge disappointment given the cast and premise. It's Three's Company-level bad.
                  Yep, the writing is terrible and the characters are completely unbelievable.

Is anyone watching 'The Middle'? My mom told me about it so I watched the premiere and thought it was decent.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    yeah, HIMYM has steadily disappointed over the last few seasons. It had a nice run. Hopefully CBS reveals who the mother is (probably Robyn) before they yank the show.
                    I still enjoy this show very much and haven't been disappointed with the last few years. Robyn can't be the mother as Bob Saget keeps calling her 'Aunt Robyn' to the kids.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• The only new show I'm giving a shot right away is Terra Nova. Too many first year shows get cancelled.
                      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• The show with Zooey Deschamel was actually pretty funny.

The X factor is truly wretched.

Actually - the reruns of Big Bang Theory on TBS are great

Comment

• Agreed on the Deschanel Show (The new Girl I think?)

Agreed on Whitney, it was painful

So glad Modern Family is back. I think that and Family Guy are the only shows in the past few years that have caused me to pause the DVR until I stopped laughing.

Comment

• I liked Person of Interest last night. I'm glad they didn't bog it down too much in some huge story arc. I imagine there will be one, just glad it wasn't all thrown at us in episode one. I hope it's more slowly developed like in Fringe or something.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• The New Girl was just ok for me, but I think that's because I saw the promos so much that I pretty much felt like I saw the episode already. I laughed at the promos when I first saw them, so I'll stick with this one. Plus I like Zooey so we'll see how it goes.

I watched a clip of Whitney online yesterday, while the little one was monopolizing the TV and it was awful. Looked like two people reading from a joke book and not coming across as real people at all. I expected them to turn toward me and wink and nudge whenever they made a "joke". The stupid laugh track coming in after every line didn't help either. It felt like an Abbott and Costello routine set in a sitcom

The Middle is a good solid show - not the best, but it's usually entertaining.

The first two episodes of It's Always Sunny have been great. Anyone else watching?

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                                The New Girl was just ok for me, but I think that's because I saw the promos so much that I pretty much felt like I saw the episode already. I laughed at the promos when I first saw them, so I'll stick with this one. Plus I like Zooey so we'll see how it goes.

I watched a clip of Whitney online yesterday, while the little one was monopolizing the TV and it was awful. Looked like two people reading from a joke book and not coming across as real people at all. I expected them to turn toward me and wink and nudge whenever they made a "joke". The stupid laugh track coming in after every line didn't help either. It felt like an Abbott and Costello routine set in a sitcom

The Middle is a good solid show - not the best, but it's usually entertaining.

The first two episodes of It's Always Sunny have been great. Anyone else watching?
                                I saw the first episode of Sunny, last night's episode is on the DVR for tonight after the child goes to sleep.

Comment

Working...
                                X