No announcement yet.

Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm really enjoying Ozark. Very similar to Breaking Bad, but Jason Bateman is good and Laura Linney is even better. I'm halfway through season 2 and the pacing is very fast, consistent major cliffhangers... occasional unrealistic dialog, but it's mostly well-written. I love the setting, Missouri is beautiful, and reminds me a lot of Thunder Bay. Same with a lot of the redneck characters in it, very familiar vibe to the country folks around my parts.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      I'm really enjoying Ozark. Very similar to Breaking Bad, but Jason Bateman is good and Laura Linney is even better. I'm halfway through season 2 and the pacing is very fast, consistent major cliffhangers... occasional unrealistic dialog, but it's mostly well-written. I love the setting, Missouri is beautiful, and reminds me a lot of Thunder Bay. Same with a lot of the redneck characters in it, very familiar vibe to the country folks around my parts.
      Yea, I felt like the 1st season was just a tamer Breaking Bad but the 2nd season was better.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I dont think I've mentioned this one yet. Bobcat Goldthwait's Misfits and Monsters is great. It's in the vein of a modern Twilight Zone, or kinda like Black Mirror but with more humor.

Bobcat is one of my favorite directors. Willow Creek, God Bless America, and World's Greatest Dad are all excellent movies, so my expectations were high, and it still delivered. Includes a very enjoyable making of segment to end every episode, which is a nice bite size analysis of what you just watched.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Mindhunter on Netflix is great

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Mindhunter on Netflix is great
            I concur, I enjoyed it very much
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• i discovered some show called outlander. where a woman travels back in time to 1743. it's like a female time traveling braveheart. has a lot of feminine angles and bells and whistles but it's kind of nice. definitely something you can watch with your woman. it's rare actually, appeal to both genders. fmovies xyz works if you have professional antivirus.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                i discovered some show called outlander. where a woman travels back in time to 1743. it's like a female time traveling braveheart. has a lot of feminine angles and bells and whistles but it's kind of nice. definitely something you can watch with your woman. it's rare actually, appeal to both genders. fmovies xyz works if you have professional antivirus.
                wait 'til you get to the prison scenes ... most of the series is romantic drama, but they threw in a few pretty harsh episodes
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Anyone watch the first season of Killing Eve? It was really good. Binged it on a long flight. It's about an assassin and the person tasked to look for the assassin and their rather interesting relationship.
                  I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                    Anyone watch the first season of Killing Eve? It was really good. Binged it on a long flight. It's about an assassin and the person tasked to look for the assassin and their rather interesting relationship.
                    I've heard it's good. Maybe I'll get around to watching it over the winter.
                    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                      wait 'til you get to the prison scenes ... most of the series is romantic drama, but they threw in a few pretty harsh episodes
                      i guess there's not enough action to call it romance action. it's funny because these types of plots make men think they are watching one thing, and women watching another. the men are saying 'why the fuck are they having so much sex?' and the women say 'why the fuck are they always shooting and sword fighting?'

which bring me to one of the great mysteries of life, what kind of movie was Rocky? was it action or was it romance? did men and women think they were watching something different? which is why it makes Rocky one of greatest movies of all time. and boxing is pretty violent.

drama suggests there is going to be a deep or complicated plot. and romance drama guarantee's that the main male character, will always succeed and do the right thing or make the correct move. because his character is always seen though the main female. it's her fantasy and it wouldn't be a romantic fantasy if he failed her. so you know what's going to happen before it does, you just don't know how it is.

that's what they mean by feel good movies. if an action movie has romance, the good guy always wins. this is because women are usually optimistic while we can be fatalistic or despairing. female bell's and whistle's is a good way to describe this show. it's kind of deep -even all the little things play out in the correct romantic drama. you have the temporary perfect lover in the past in Scotland with the fantasy playing out -even a lot of the action is female inspired- who she can't stay long term with because of instability from war. also, she was a nurse in WWI, so we haven't even seen her at her best yet. you have the 'safe' home and husband in the future searching for her, who she wants to get back to but not before her adventure is over. the only thing that is weird is the villain is played by her husband (ancestor) in the past. i am not sure what that is supposed to mean.

at first i though i was watching an action show. and then by episode 4 or 5 she had sex, a lot. and i was like wtf is this? also, i thought it was kind of early, but show's get cancelled early all the time, so you have to get the ball rolling in the first season. it's also what i mean by the little things playing out the correct way. in real life when women find their perfect lover, they don't wait around. you don't risk befriending yourself too much into a corner where the friendship is too risky to lose.

romantic dramas are really a 'guide to women for men'. they show you the way you're supposed to do things. i find it rewarding to be watching and guess and be right because i already know. for example, the movie Shirley Valentine, afterwards you'd probably be less inclined to get mad and throw a steak at your woman during dinner. but i also find the male character inspiring. how he acts with the bros. man to man is a different language.

season 1 episode 12 and only now is she starting to use her knowledge of past history to her advantage. which is why i am even watching the show. but it gets props for having 2 GOT actors in it so far.

Comment

Anyone watch the first season of Killing Eve? It was really good. Binged it on a long flight. It's about an assassin and the person tasked to look for the assassin and their rather interesting relationship.
                        About to fly home. I started episode 1 on my way out here and hope to finish it on my return.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I too watched the 1st episode on a plane, and was intrigued, but if this kind of show is at all interesting to you, you've got to watch both "Hannibal" and "Mindhunters"

"This is my design"
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                            I too watched the 1st episode on a plane, and was intrigued, but if this kind of show is at all interesting to you, you've got to watch both "Hannibal" and "Mindhunters"

"This is my design"
                            I liked Hannibal but never watched Mindhunters. I'll add that one to my list.
                            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Escape at Dannemora is most exceelent

Comment

• Been watching Animal Kingdom - good show, very addictive. Ellen Baskin is excellent as the creepy, cold-blooded, manipulative matriarch of her family.

Comment

Working...
                                X