Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    Westworld - could have been awesome - I almost put it in that section; I just think they tried too hard, I didn't really connect.
    Is it good or bad that after watching every episode this past season, I had to go look up a recap so someone could explain to me WTF was happening? Maybe Im just dumb, but for me, I think it is bad.

Comment

• Last line of Sharp Objects was one of the creepiest I've ever heard...
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Been watching Modern Family starting from Season 1 as I never watched it during it's initial run. Love it.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• I watched the first couple of episodes of Jack Ryan last night & was pleasantly surprised. I went into it with a pretty cynical attitude, expecting that they've turned him into some field agent superhero, but the characters are pretty true to how Clancy created them. Plus the treatment of the terrorists was surprising in providing a pretty fulsome & believable backstory that went way beyond the typical fanatical muslim image we get in [insert every action movie of the past 10 years here]. I'm still withholding judgement, but so far it's worth checking out.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Condor was really quite good if you're in the market for a (10 episode arc) political thriller. Stellar cast and uncompromising plot line. Doesn't pull any punches.

Comment

• Also, been re-watching Altered Carbon. Even better second time around.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                Also, been re-watching Altered Carbon. Even better second time around.
                Yea I figured out early on it was going to require at least a 2nd viewing.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Yea I figured out early on it was going to require at least a 2nd viewing.
                  read the book, it is great
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• I have watched the first two episodes of Godless - pretty darn good
                    like most Coen brothers stuff it is beautiful and allegorical but sometimes thin on plot

but if you like Westerns you should really dig it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                      read the book, it is great
                      Just put on hold at my library.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                        I have watched the first two episodes of Godless - pretty darn good
                        like most Coen brothers stuff it is beautiful and allegorical but sometimes thin on plot

Didn't realize they did this, will check it out
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                          I have watched the first two episodes of Godless - pretty darn good

Still have to watch the last couple of episodes ... not sure why I haven't finished it yet. Was pretty good.

Narcos S4 is out now.

Comment

• Jack Ryan (Amazon Prime)
                            Narcos: Mexico (Netflix)
                            Medal of Honor (Netflix)
                            Dirty Money (Netflix)
                            The Deuce (HBO)

Comment

• just discovered Mike Judge Presents: Tales from the Tour Bus on Cinemax, and it is frickin' hysterical.

My computer isn't giving me sound so I have zero clue if this is SFW... I was assume NSFW!

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• House of Cards final season a complete trainwreck.
                                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                                X