No announcement yet.

Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• in case anyone wants to check out a well done but obscure Canadian series, season two of Mary Kills People is underway.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• finally finished season 3 of Hannibal, frakking awesome series, Mads Mikkelson is a pitch-perfect Hannibal Lector, better than Anthony Hopkins.....
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Thought that Altered Carbon was very good.
        just finished it, yeah, lots to like; there were some things that I thought were a bit sloppy with the script but it's visually amazing, plus the plot twists kept things interesting. And oh yeah, I couldn't stop staring at Martha Higareda.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• I'm almost done with Altered Carbon, just one episode left, the book is well worth reading
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
            just finished it, yeah, lots to like; there were some things that I thought were a bit sloppy with the script but it's visually amazing, plus the plot twists kept things interesting. And oh yeah, I couldn't stop staring at Martha Higareda.
            Yeah, it wasn't perfect, but it managed to suck me in and I was hooked by about episode 3 or 4. It as pretty unrelenting, and judging by some interviews from the author, i'm not surprised. Due to the cost of production, there are rumours there won't be a sequel, and even if there is, Joel Kinnaman will not be in it (as per the books). I hope there is though.

I'm not sure if this 1980's dystonia, which is based on Victorian notions of opulence is really still valid in the post-digital, post-globalised world. Things have changed. But it was interesting none the less.

Comment

• Anyone else watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine? Love that show.

Comment

• On Ep 4 of AC right now, enjoying it but yea not the tightest script.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Anyone else watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine? Love that show.
                  one of my buddies keeps recommending it, I'll have to check it out.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                    finally finished season 3 of Hannibal, frakking awesome series, Mads Mikkelson is a pitch-perfect Hannibal Lector, better than Anthony Hopkins.....
                    It was awesome. We got through half of season 3 and had DVR issues lost the rest of the season. When it was announced it wasn't coming back we just never did what it took to finish it.

I am thinking we should finish it up. Mikkelson was perfect.

Comment

... I'm not sure if this 1980's dystonia, which is based on Victorian notions of opulence is really still valid in the post-digital, post-globalised world. Things have changed. But it was interesting none the less.
                      yeah in many ways it felt like a throwback to scifi from the 80s. I kept expecting the three-breasted hooker from Total Recall to walk by.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        It was awesome. We got through half of season 3 and had DVR issues lost the rest of the season. When it was announced it wasn't coming back we just never did what it took to finish it.

I am thinking we should finish it up. Mikkelson was perfect.
                        the second half of season 3 is the Red Dragon story....well worth watching, and excellent ending to the series

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          On Ep 4 of AC right now, enjoying it but yea not the tightest script.
                          but it is nipple-riffic!

Comment

Anyone else watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine? Love that show.
                            One of my favorite comedies right now. They've really built up a great cast of characters (the only one I don't care for is Gina).

Comment

• The Good Doctor on ABC is the most-balanced Asperger's character I have seen on TV.

his brilliance and his condition both are extreme - but that's the balance. both are in the realm. plus they show him figuring out critical issues that his colleagues can't - but also making major social blunders that frankly are likely as well.

and he's not a cartoon character like the Big Bang Theory guy (not that all of his mannerisms are inaccurate, but....).

Vincent D'Onofrio on that Law and Order spinoff was an interesting variation, but they only mentioned it once, I think, and they focused on other issues with him after that.
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                                One of my favorite comedies right now. They've really built up a great cast of characters (the only one I don't care for is Gina).

Clearly you missed the episode when the G-Hive saved the Nine-Nine from closure?????

Comment

Working...
                                X