Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Narcos Season 3 was awesome, and this may be blasphemy to some, but it might have been the series' best season yet. And yeah, the first two seasons were all-time great awesome too.
    Yes yes yes. Started Narcos Monday - will be done Season 1 tonight. Very good show!

Comment

• watched the first episode of season two of Better Things on FX yesterday
      there is something squirmy and uncomfortable about this show written/produced/directed by Pamela Adlon and Louis CK - I am not sure if the dialog is too real or too hyperbolic or both

admittedly I find Ms. Adlon hot

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
        watched the first episode of season two of Better Things on FX yesterday
        there is something squirmy and uncomfortable about this show written/produced/directed by Pamela Adlon and Louis CK - I am not sure if the dialog is too real or too hyperbolic or both

Her character was so grating on Louis' show that I can't bring myself to watch this despite all the good reviews.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
          Her character was so grating on Louis' show that I can't bring myself to watch this despite all the good reviews.
          see my comment about her - the grating part was the voice of Bobby Hill

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
            watched the first episode of season two of Better Things on FX yesterday

I'm with you. I have sort of a crush on the voice of Bobby Hill. It surprises me how many folks hated her character on Louis. I think she, and Louis' relationship with her character, was one of the best parts of the show.

Comment

• upcoming season of House of Cards will be the last.

‘House of Cards’ creators announce series will end amid Kevin Spacey allegations
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Two Netflix shows worth mentioning both have hunter in the title. I just started watching Mindhunter, and while I don't claim it is world-changing stuff, the performance by the actor playing Ed Kempur was really top notch. Good series so far.

Another Netflix original I really enjoyed was Trollhunters. Looking forward to season two; I'm not sure how the show will manage beyond that though. Yelchin was so perfect in the role as lead voice actor.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                  I had not heard about the Spacey accusation. Sad to hear as I've always been a fan. His denial wasn't much of a denial. The age gap involved with the parties is disturbing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                    Two Netflix shows worth mentioning both have hunter in the title. I just started watching Mindhunter, and while I don't claim it is world-changing stuff, the performance by the actor playing Ed Kempur was really top notch. Good series so far.

Another Netflix original I really enjoyed was Trollhunters. Looking forward to season two; I'm not sure how the show will manage beyond that though. Yelchin was so perfect in the role as lead voice actor.
                    I enjoyed Mindhunters, but then again, I've always had a thing for serial killers
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Binge watched Season 2 of Stranger Things on Saturday. Enjoyed it.

Started watching Mindhunter. Like it so far.

Watching 'Chance' on Netflix. Pretty good.

Star Trek: Discovery isn't bad if you really like the franchise and are jonesing. Check and check. Plus, the lead role is the badass sniper from The Walking Dead.
                      If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                        Binge watched Season 2 of Stranger Things on Saturday. Enjoyed it.

Started watching Mindhunter. Like it so far.

Watching 'Chance' on Netflix. Pretty good.

Star Trek: Discovery isn't bad if you really like the franchise and are jonesing. Check and check. Plus, the lead role is the badass sniper from The Walking Dead.
                        that's funny, we just watched the 1st ep of Star Trek last night - liked it well enough to see ep 2 ...
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

that's funny, we just watched the 1st ep of Star Trek last night - liked it well enough to see ep 2 ...
                          Never made it to the end of Ep1 ... though wasn't really expecting much, so can't say I'm disappointed.

Comment

Just burned through the remainder of the Star Trek: Discovery episodes, up through October 29th (S1,E7). They seemed to get better as they went, a vast improvement over the first couple of shows, with the weaker characters taking a back seat and some stronger new characters emerging. I'm up to a definite recommend.

Also went through Mindhunter. (The office shut down for a couple of days due to data issues and a legal holiday in Germany, believe it or not.) Another definite recommend.
                            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
                              Just burned through the remainder of the Star Trek: Discovery episodes, up through October 29th (S1,E7). They seemed to get better as they went, a vast improvement over the first couple of shows, with the weaker characters taking a back seat and some stronger new characters emerging. I'm up to a definite recommend.

Also went through Mindhunter. (The office shut down for a couple of days due to data issues and a legal holiday in Germany, believe it or not.) Another definite recommend.
                              Is there any reason besides ST : D to pay CBS money?
                              Last edited by heyelander; 11-01-2017, 05:22 PM.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                                Is there any reason besides ST to pay CBS money?
                                It's $6 a month, which is not inconsequential. But you can stream all CBS shows. I get to catch up on the late night stuff which I otherwise would not be able to see. There are a couple of regular network shows I like. Plus there are some classic shows available which are fun to check out every once in a while.

One feature is that you can watch every Star Trek show ever broadcast: Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager, and Star Trek: Enterprise. That probably doesn't appeal to most, but sometimes there just isn't anything on. Or sometimes I just need to see "The Inner Light".

Comment

Working...
                                X