Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    I think I'm about 6 episodes in. I haven't ditched it yet, but not as motivated to watch it as I am other series.
    Legion is a super slow burn, worth sticking it out to 10 minutes from the very end, which I found a bit unsatisfying given the leadup
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• While nothing will ever approach the total awesomeness of season 1, Fargo is really good this time around (much better than season 2 imo). Here's a show with good acting where stuff actually happens as opposed to Better Call Saul which has good actors but basically nothing ever happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        While nothing will ever approach the total awesomeness of season 1, Fargo is really good this time around (much better than season 2 imo). Here's a show with good acting where stuff actually happens as opposed to Better Call Saul which has good actors but basically nothing ever happens.
        Yea we seem to be in the minority, but I thought season 1 was much better as well.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• We watched the first three episodes of Westworld on the plane back home on Saturday, then proceeded to watch the rest of season 1 yesterday. That was some fun tv, really well done show - great twists, and I'm surprised nobody has commented on the soundtrack of the player piano in the show - Radiohead, Amy Winehouse, Soundgarden, & NIN. Very cool.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• I officially gave up on "American Gods" last night. Just not working for me and I LOVE Ian McShane.
            “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
            -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Is Quarry season 1 worth watching or does it end in some sort of cliff hanger? I just noticed it was cancelled.
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Wonderboy View Post
                I officially gave up on "American Gods" last night. Just not working for me and I LOVE Ian McShane.
                Have you read the book?
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• I watched the first 4 eps of The Leftovers and its really not grabbing me. I realize people think season 3 is great and thats a reason to push through but I dont know if I can keep going. Its a nearly plotless waste of time so far. Does season 1 get better? Is the whole series kind of plotless?
                  "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                    I watched the first 4 eps of The Leftovers and its really not grabbing me. I realize people think season 3 is great and thats a reason to push through but I dont know if I can keep going. Its a nearly plotless waste of time so far. Does season 1 get better? Is the whole series kind of plotless?
                    It gets better IMO.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Just finished Season 1 of the Leftovers. I was hooked come the end of the season. Then that theme song to season 2 ... damn that worked well.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                        Just finished Season 1 of the Leftovers. I was hooked come the end of the season. Then that theme song to season 2 ... damn that worked well.

But, that song is actually pretty perfect for season two!

I've been binge watching the Leftovers on and off for the last week. I originally started recording season 1 when it was first broadcast, but my DirecTV DVR broke down somewhere along the way and I lost of bunch of recorded shows, the last three episodes of season one of the Leftovers included. So I never saw those and I kind of forgot about the show until last week. Its not a "great" show, but its a good show. I seem to be drawn to the post-apocalyptic types shows. I just started watching the fifth episode of season 3 last night, but fell asleep during it. That's not a reflection on the show, just tired. Hopefully there is a resolution to all the moving parts. The bicycle/pigeon scene with Nora was weird!
                        I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• American Gods is a great show

Comment

• Better Call Saul was excellent ... again. And while Fargo 3 isn't as good as 1 & 2, that's hardly a fair criticism ... still been stellar. Gonna wait a binge the last 4 episodes of Fargo.

Also been watching Brooklyn 99 for funsies ... noice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                              I just started watching the fifth episode of season 3 last night, but fell asleep during it.
                              jeez, the life altering great season that all the critics praise is still boring enough to fall asleep to? I find myself reading crap on my ipad during season 1 and i keep having to ask my wife what those idiots in white wrote since I wasnt looking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                                American Gods is a great show
                                I freaking love it.

Now if Game of Thrones would get going already.....

Comment

Working...
                                X