Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
    It has to do with a character related to the X-Men. I'm enjoying it though I admit it's pretty out there.
    OK I thought it was the apocalyptic film Legion LOL
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

It has to do with a character related to the X-Men. I'm enjoying it though I admit it's pretty out there.
      I am loving it. I doubt they can sustain this level of trusting its viewers to stick with it through complicated/confusing plot points, but it is one of the boldest shows out there right now. I like the direction it has taken, different and better than the source material so far imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I am loving it. I doubt they can sustain this level of trusting its viewers to stick with it through complicated/confusing plot points, but it is one of the boldest shows out there right now. I like the direction it has taken, different and better than the source material so far imo.
        I like the kind of crazy Mr Robot has, but this is really strange for me. I like X Men and most Sci fi, but again, am struggling to continue watching.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          I like the kind of crazy Mr Robot has, but this is really strange for me. I like X Men and most Sci fi, but again, am struggling to continue watching.
          Did you see it from episode 1? Missing any episodes would be bad for this series. Also, some familiarity with the source material, even though this seems to stray from it a good deal, makes the show much more interesting. The idea of a tremendously powerful psychic also being borderline psychotic is interesting. Sort of a distortion of the Spiderman line--with great power comes great responsibility turns in to with great power, comes great trauma.

Edit: The idea of not knowing what is real within a mind that has the power to distort reality is pretty fascinating to me. Do a quick scan of the Legion wiki page--it might make you a bit more interested in how the show will go. Who his father is in the comics, and what his relationship is to the other characters in the comics is interesting, although they seem to have changed the latter for the series. I will say that new M. Night movie seems to have borrowed some of its plot from Legion.
          Last edited by Sour Masher; 03-13-2017, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            Did you see it from episode 1? Missing any episodes would be bad for this series. Also, some familiarity with the source material, even though this seems to stray from it a good deal, makes the show much more interesting. The idea of a tremendously powerful psychic also being borderline psychotic is interesting. Sort of a distortion of the Spiderman line--with great power comes great responsibility turns in to with great power, comes great trauma.
            Yeah, I've seen every episode.

I can see it, but the past 3 episodes have been truly strange.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
              Anyone giving 24: Legacy a try? I've been watching it. I have to admit, I miss Jack Bauer.

I'm not feeling this new main character.

Good storyline, though.
              Yeah, it's ok. It has the same issues as all the other 24 seasons -- that the characters forget what just happened to them an hour or two before. Plus things get abnormally sped up (i.e. travel times, traffic, etc).

Comment

• My wife and I just binge watched the first season of Fargo. Wow.

I know some of you had posted about it earlier. I think all gave it great reviews.

I read that the whole thing was written by one guy! Well done Noah Hawley well done.

This easily fits in my top 10 tv shows of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  My wife and I just binge watched the first season of Fargo. Wow.

I know some of you had posted about it earlier. I think all gave it great reviews.

I read that the whole thing was written by one guy! Well done Noah Hawley well done.

This easily fits in my top 10 tv shows of all time.
                  Believe it or not, season 2 is even better. I didn't believe that would have been possible ... but it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    Believe it or not, season 2 is even better. I didn't believe that would have been possible ... but it was.
                    I agree. Season 2 was phenomenal. Season 3 is very odd to me so far...Not bad, just different. I think the pace will pick up in the next couple of weeks.

And, Better Call Saul has been very good this season. Much better than seasons 1 and 2. You can see where Jimmy is gravitating to Saul. The next couple of episodes should be really good. The story is definitely going more in the Breaking Bad direction now. Not sure if they got feedback in the off-season that they needed to go in a different direction or if this was just the natural progression. The 2nd season was very slow, but instructive on how Jimmy thinks. I'm enjoying it so far this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFurious View Post
                      I agree. Season 2 was phenomenal. Season 3 is very odd to me so far...Not bad, just different. I think the pace will pick up in the next couple of weeks.

And, Better Call Saul has been very good this season. Much better than seasons 1 and 2. You can see where Jimmy is gravitating to Saul. The next couple of episodes should be really good. The story is definitely going more in the Breaking Bad direction now. Not sure if they got feedback in the off-season that they needed to go in a different direction or if this was just the natural progression. The 2nd season was very slow, but instructive on how Jimmy thinks. I'm enjoying it so far this season.
                      Agree with both of these.

Has anyone seen American Gods yet? The first episode was interesting, and as someone who read the book, I'm looking forward to the rest of this one.

Comment

Has anyone seen American Gods yet? The first episode was interesting, and as someone who read the book, I'm looking forward to the rest of this one.
                        Intriguing ... I hope it works. First episode had some intense moments among all the strangeness.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          This is good to read. I can't imagine it being better, but I am looking forward to being wrong. I haven't looked forward to a tv show in a long time.

Comment

I ditched Legion and am now starting in on this--I liked the premier quite a bit.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              I ditched Legion and am now starting in on this--I liked the premier quite a bit.
                              I think I'm about 6 episodes in. I haven't ditched it yet, but not as motivated to watch it as I am other series.

Comment

I've watched the first two episodes after a fairly recent reread, true to the book in spirit and tone, and Ian McShane is freaking awesome
                                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                                X