No announcement yet.

Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is Us continues to impress. Westworld starting to pick up after a slow start.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Just finished the second episode of Pure Genius and it looks promising
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Westworld is getting pretty interesting.

However, This is Us is still my favorite new show.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          Westworld is getting pretty interesting.
          Westworld has been amazing and gets better every week. Blown away!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            Westworld has been amazing and gets better every week. Blown away!!!!
            Yep, last 4 eps have been excellent.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Agreed.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Why does anyone even go to the movies anymore when cable series like Westworld can dig so much deeper into characters and narrative? Bravo to everyone involved. Keep it up!
                Last edited by senorsheep; 12-01-2016, 02:51 PM.
                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  From CNN:

The conviction of Brendan Dassey, a Wisconsin man who appeared in the documentary "Making a Murderer," has been overturned by a federal judge in Milwaukee, according to court documents obtained by CNN. Dassey was convicted in 2005 in the murder of photographer Teresa Halbach. Prosecutors have 90 days to bring Dassey, now 26, to trial again or he will be released. His uncle, Steven Avery, featured in "Making a Murderer," is in a Wisconsin prison also serving time for Halbach's murder.

Developing story - more to come
                  Watching this now--I'm really trying not to get pissed.

The fucking system is so broken, why should we even respect any of it?

Maybe I'm ahead of myself on this one, but so far.........all I see is coercion and obstruction.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Watching this now--I'm really trying not to get pissed.

The fucking system is so broken, why should we even respect any of it?

Maybe I'm ahead of myself on this one, but so far.........all I see is coercion and obstruction.
                    Tread lightly.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      Tread lightly.
                      Almost through the the series, is there some bombshell evidence that appears? Does Avery confess?

Or are you referring to something else?

I mean, they're both in jail and sentenced in the series.

Comment

• I'm a few years behind but I just binge watched the entire 4 plus seasons of vikings in the last 2 weeks...fantastic. I also got talked into watching Goliath. 3 episodes in and it is awesome so far.

Comment

• I enjoyed Goliath also. There is so much about the show that shouldn't work, but somehow, because of the great cast, it just does.

Comment

Tread lightly.
                            Just finished watching the first season, apparently there's a second season planned and with brendan's acquittal I can't imagine it will be long before Avery's conviction is overturned.

I still would like to know what you mean by your quoted comment.

If it's found out that these people railroaded Avery, every one of them should have to serve time--at the very minimum the time that was taken from the lives of the wrongfully convicted.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Just finished watching the first season, apparently there's a second season planned and with brendan's acquittal I can't imagine it will be long before Avery's conviction is overturned.

I still would like to know what you mean by your quoted comment.

If it's found out that these people railroaded Avery, every one of them should have to serve time--at the very minimum the time that was taken from the lives of the wrongfully convicted.
                              I just meant that there is a very high outrage quotient to that show and you seem to have your fill.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

I just meant that there is a very high outrage quotient to that show and you seem to have your fill.
                                Maybe you have the wrong perception of me.

I do, get pissed when I discover something I think is unjust. I vocalize my disgust, outrage, disbelief and then--I let it go.

If I come across as someone who dwells on things, you have the wrong impression--Do I harp on things? absolutely, but that doesnt mean I hold them dear--I just never forget--Ever. It's a sucky thing I live with in that I recall everything from my past, what happened on certain days to what people were wearing--not on par with those who are memenetic in memory, but pretty good. So I recall things and dive back in quickly, but emotionally? No, that fades overnight.'

These asshole will get theirs one way or another. Just like that Prosecutor did after the trial was over with the sexting. The detectives and everyone else will get theirs as well because though they shielded the Dept from the first lawsuit--the second, once Avery is freed, is going to bankrupt the entire system in that town.

I don;t think they'll see jail time, thought they should, but knowing Avery owns their ass will be karma enough.

But thanks for the concern.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X