No announcement yet.

Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also loved season two of Mr Robot, nutty but in a great way.

Westworld Is gonna rock.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Two episodes in and Luke Cage is very good.

I'm really enjoying Designated Survivor and Kevin Can Wait as well, which is rare for network shows these days!
      We are also really enjoying Designated Survivor. What an emotional ride.

Comment

• I have to say I really love 'This is Us' it connects and through the first 4 episodes, there's so much interesting Exposition going down that I see nothing but possibilities ahead for the multiple story lines. Very well done.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Westworld has been most exceelent. After watching it, it's amazing that it took this long to revive. It's kind of like a Jurassic Park with robots, which makes sense considering Michael Crichton wrote both.

Comment

• Rectify final season starts on Wed. I'm catching up on season 3 now. Great stuff.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Westworld has been most exceelent. After watching it, it's amazing that it took this long to revive. It's kind of like a Jurassic Park with robots, which makes sense considering Michael Crichton wrote both.
              I'm watching it. Enjoying it. Looking forward to the next episode.

I think it's going to get cancelled.

Comment

• If you haven't watched Black Mirror, that's what you should watch, Season 3 just hit Netflix, I highly recommend the Christmas Special
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Blunt Talk is 3 episodes into its 2nd season, and I quite enjoy it. Patrick Stewart is really funny, and it gets pretty raunchy.

Atlanta is 8 episodes in, mostly very good. It's sometimes shocking to see them contrast comedy with shootings and street violence, and the tonal shifts can be jarring, but it's showing strong potential. Every episode has had a legit LOL moment or two for me... but the laugh is high tend because the buildup to the punchline feels like someone's going to get shot. Pretty ballsy writing.

High Maintenance was an awesome Web series with surprisingly complex and interesting characters, and I think the whole series was maybe a little over an hour... So I was super excited for this HBO series to debut. 5 episodes in, I absolutely love it. It's not super pot-heavy either, mostly about the various strange characters that he meets in his Bicycle delivery service travels.

The Fall
                  season 3 has started... Agent Scully is such a grown up sexy-lady-badass in this show. REALLY enjoy it, and the Scottish atmosphere is a good setting.

Transparent season 3 was good. My only frustration with the show is how mega-rich they all are, and the type of BS that rich people engage in to feel loved... It's usually highly effective as a characterrible drama, and often quite funny... I just wish they showed more than the struggles of various rich, priveleged people.

Girls final season starts soon, which I look forward to... I was very reluctant to watch this show with my wife, but I came around to really enjoying it. I find some of the girls to be really despicable at times, mostly through the early seasons, but they're all maturing in different ways. Except Hannah, who seems like a lost cause.

Backburner:

Luke Cage... would I be obligated to start watching other Marvel shows? Because I can't keep up with 10% of the Marvel licensed content coming out these days.

Mr. Robot... I like some pretty dumb Sci fi, so I'm sure I could stick with this series through its more ludicrous twists and turns.

Westworld... I've not had the time, though I know I'll love it. I prefer waiting til a season is at least half over to start into it though, as I find it less coherent to watch a show week by week when you're watching 10 other shows in between each episode. Especially so with dramas.

I'll have a lot more time for watching TV after this election is over, I hope. So much of my screen time has been devoted to election coverage. Thank G-d we're now only afraid of Trump whining and crying his way to starting a civil war, as opposed to a month ago, thinking about him starting WW3.
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    I'm watching it. Enjoying it. Looking forward to the next episode.

I think it's going to get cancelled.
                    Why do you say this? Cost?

Comment

HBO's business model allows for some expensive shows, even if they don't appeal to the widest base, so a show like this can survive, even if not a ton of people are watching it. But that will be contingent on it being critically acclaimed and having a fervent fan base. HBO doesn't try to have every show appeal to all subscribers, but they do want shows so compelling for some people, they will subscribe just to watch that show. It is sort of like exclusives on game consoles. Some games may not have massive global appeal, but they still get made, because that one game is so coveted by some that it gets a chunk people to buy the console, and then buy other games.

Comment

• they are targeting Westworld as their "Game of Thrones" replacement, so I think they very much want it to succeed
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I reckon the pacing of the show is too slow for the casual viewer. I can see the week to week ratings dropping. I really hope they don't, and the show survives ... but I'm getting a similar vibe from the show to "Luck" from a few years ago, and also Treme. Deadwood also got cancelled because of ratings ... again, similar pacing issues.

Excellent little shows like Rectify have similar slow pacing, but they aren't billboard shows for their network, and the budgets will be a fraction of what Westworld is.

Also the competition is getting fierce out there. HBO won't let their marquee show be a ratings loser ... they need the prestige of a hit that people are talking about (like GoT) ... and with the budget Westworld must have, even they can't afford to carry a show like that.

Like I said, I really hope I'm wrong, but Season 2 hasn't been renewed yet, so they must be waiting on something.

Comment

• From what I read, Westworld had the highest ratings for an HBO series debut in 3 years, and had a million more viewers than GoT's debut episode.

Comment

From what I read, Westworld had the highest ratings for an HBO series debut in 3 years, and had a million more viewers than GoT's debut episode.
                              Fingers crossed

After a promising ratings start, new HBO drama Westworld is showing linear ratings growth. Airing against NFL football and baseball, the third episode of the futuristic series drew 2.1 million total viewers at 9 PM. That was the largest viewership for an original linear airing of the series to date, up +7% from the series […]

Comment

"Any Given Wednesday with Bill Simmons" -- not exceelent.
                                "Any Given Wednesday with Bill Simmons" -- canceeled after just 4 months.

Comment

Working...
                                X