Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so, I had just lit my first illegal firework when....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so, I had just lit my first illegal firework when....

the cops come right around the corner.....

My street is too busy, so traditionally, I light up cones and fountains (all legal in San Bruno and Pacifica, two small towns right by SF) in front of my buddies house 3 blocks from mine. Unfortunately, neither of us live in San Bruno or Pacifica....

I'm holding my $80 bag of fireworks as the cops pull over to me, unfortunately right when my fountain decides to start firing off the whistling spark part. My wife and kids are watching, my buddies and their families are watching, every one thinks I'm going to be busted. Hell, I walk over with the bag, expected to get them confiscated at a minimum. They look through my bag, see that I don't have any M-80s or skyrockets, and inform me that they are coming back in 15 minutes, and if they see any fireworks, they will write me up a citation.

Very awesome of them.....
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    the cops come right around the corner.....

My street is too busy, so traditionally, I light up cones and fountains (all legal in San Bruno and Pacifica, two small towns right by SF) in front of my buddies house 3 blocks from mine. Unfortunately, neither of us live in San Bruno or Pacifica....

I'm holding my $80 bag of fireworks as the cops pull over to me, unfortunately right when my fountain decides to start firing off the whistling spark part. My wife and kids are watching, my buddies and their families are watching, every one thinks I'm going to be busted. Hell, I walk over with the bag, expected to get them confiscated at a minimum. They look through my bag, see that I don't have any M-80s or skyrockets, and inform me that they are coming back in 15 minutes, and if they see any fireworks, they will write me up a citation.

Very awesome of them.....
    Good way to handle that. I hope you respected the request...and then waited 30 more minutes to light them all off!!
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

they must have know you from your tweaker-take-down rep.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        they must have know you from your tweaker-take-down rep.
        The dog on the stoop drinking wine distracted them maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
          "Come back in 15 minutes and have some wine with me and my dog!"
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
            I would never stoop to using a dog. Wine maybe.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

How kind of them. They might have known you so they didn't confiscate those fireworks and just warned you.

Comment

Working...
              X