Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ballpark funding

Attached Files

Please don't show this to my friends in MN, or we'll never get a new Vikings stadium.
    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Nationals Park isn't on there? Am I blind?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadeEagle View Post
        Nationals Park isn't on there? Am I blind?
        crap, I knew I forgot one

Comment

updated.jpg here's the updated one with the stadiums ranked chronologically

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]28[/ATTACH] here's the updated one with the stadiums ranked chronologically
            one of these things is not like the others, one of these is not quite the same.....
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

The more likely a franchise is to leave town, the more public money has to go in if the risk is deemed too great.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                one of these things is not like the others, one of these is not quite the same.....
                which one?
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  which one?
                  The Giants' ballpark was funded entirely with private money. (Easy to guess if you remember that FB lives out there)

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                    The Giants' ballpark was funded entirely with private money. (Easy to guess if you remember that FB lives out there)
                    I looked at the graph again and saw that. missed it somehow before...
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

coors field was part of a greater urban renewal project. what was once blocks of empty graffiti-covered warehouses and deserted office buildings is now a revitalized downtown community. this was a public-private partnership that worked. no regrets.
                      ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Working...
                      X