David Bowie Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
    Damn, are we talking about kicking this thing off now?
    I mentioned earlier waiting until the final round of the current draft.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
      I mentioned earlier waiting until the final round of the current draft.
      That would be good. I have a very limited attention span.

Comment

That would be good. I have a very limited attention span.
        No worries. I just don't want to have to make a David Bowie - X pick and have it sit there a long time. Had we not been doing Bowie next, I would have picked a song by him many rounds ago.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Comment

Me too. I hate not having a Bowie song on my roster, but if I had, it would have likely been my intended first pick for the Bowie draft, and I didn't really want to throw it out there.

I think draft position can make a big difference in this draft. If I start out with a certain Bowie persona, I might be tempted to stay with him for a while.

Comment

Still waiting for someone to send me another randomized list.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

Ok, the order is set...probably not getting my desert island song pick, oh well.

Gregg
              Lucky/Alice
              ManCalledFoot
              Revo
              Fresno Bob
              DMT
              Overkill
              Erik
              JohnnyA
              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Two songs top my list by a good margin. At this position, I could get both of them, or neither.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                  Two songs top my list by a good margin. At this position, I could get both of them, or...
                  ... this!

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                  "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                  "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

So, when do we start? Not in a huge hurry, just asking.

Comment

DMT has indicated that it will start during the final round of the desert island songs draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                        DMT has indicated that it will start during the final round of the desert island songs draft.
                        how far from that do we think we are?
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Pretty close. We're about halfway through the next-to-last round.

Comment

I'll be going pretty obscure in this draft... but with the #3 pick I might have to grab a heavy hitter first.
                            One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Comment

So, when do we start? Not in a huge hurry, just asking.
                              I told Gregg he could pick now...the other draft is almost wrapped up.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

108 songs...sounds like fun, but it will be pretty tough.

Will we have a separate threads for discussion/draft/rosters? Can I do anything to help?

Comment

Working...
                                X