We're Looking in the Wrong Strategic Direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're Looking in the Wrong Strategic Direction

While we all look to last night's speech on Afghanistan, a typhoon is brewing in the South China Sea after a major Chinese official made overt threats against the United States. I brought back RunningLocal for a day to look at the issue in some depth.

Last night President Barack Obama gave what has been billed as one of the most important speeches of his Administration to discuss the winding down of hostilities in Afghanistan. While this speech …
    "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

That looks suspiciously like a spam link. I'm not clicking.
    I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Lol...
      "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

I remember this story.... it was called completely impossible or something like that when Dale Brown wrote it in 1994

Comment

As long as Eric Harry's Arc Light doesn't bear out, we're good

It is funny how many of those 80/90's war thrillers are starting to bear out, albeit generally 10-15 years after the author's envisioned the events taking place.

Comment

hey, if we end up in a naval conflict with China, why don't we just declare any debt they hold of ours "null and void" under some special double top secret war powers act....

I don't know what the Vietnamese navy is like, but the last time China decided to tussle with Vietnam, they got their asses kicked....
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Vietnam could get in a couple of good licks before they got overwhelmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                Vietnam could get in a couple of good licks before they got overwhelmed.
                I had a similar experience with a Vietnamese girl
                I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Hey-yo!
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X