New Shoelaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I am questioning if this should be the "official" new shoe laces thread. Would making it official provide some benefits to our community? And should we add something about dishwashers? They are clearly important and worthy of discussion. Share your thoughts, I value your input
    At the very least, we need to resolve whether they are shoe laces or shoelaces....
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post

At the very least, we need to resolve whether they are shoe laces or shoelaces....
      Porque no los dos ?
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post

you have pretty much captured exactly not the point of this thread. thanks.
        To be fair, I wasn't the first
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          at some point I mentioned that I should replace the SpaghettiOs bowls I had with, like, adultish bowls. My wife ordered some (this took less effort than the minimal encouragement that most things take. I think she was realy looking to get rid of the SpaghettiOs ones). The new ones are huge, like plate sized, but with a bowlish shape. There is one slot in the dishwasher that is perfect for them. For one at least, but generally, that is all we will use during the week. I always put the bowl there, but she will move it to "where the bowls go" even though it is huge, not as deep as a regular bowl, and takes up space that could be much better used for other things. We will move it back and forth a couple of times before the dishwasher is run.

I wonder where my SpaghettiOs bowls are. They were really cute. I hope we didn't throw them away, even thought I will never use one again, and really should throw them away.

For the record, I like the spaghetti-Os bowl
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post

Perhaps one day in Binghamton, we will find out...
            Perhaps....
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Are your schoelaces holding strong in 2024 ?
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                Are your schoelaces holding strong in 2024 ?
                Scertainly they are
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

My son's shoelaces are falling apart. Very unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                    My son's shoelaces are falling apart. Very unfortunate.
                    I'm thinking that there is a huge untapped market for quality shoelace repair. I'm talking about franchising. It could be bigger than Starbucks.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post

I'm thinking that there is a huge untapped market for quality shoelace repair. I'm talking about franchising. It could be bigger than Starbucks.
                      Everyone wears shoes, not everyone drinks coffee

Comment

• LaceDash, where someone will come to your house and replace your shoelaces for you!
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          LaceDash, where someone will come to your house and replace your shoelaces for you!
                          Not DoorLace?

Comment

• Maybe a service that will come to your house and tie your shoes for you? Gold-level membership entitles you to free shoelace repair.

Comment

• or a DoorDash subsidiary that ties the shoelaces of customers after delivering their food--TieFood

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                                Maybe a service that will come to your house and tie your shoes for you? Gold-level membership entitles you to free shoelace repair.
                                That's just silly.

Shoelace repair only comes at diamond level membership
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X