Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't think anybody's posted this

"Silent Movies" by Madisen Ward and The Mama Bear

people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• ... and another really tight performance recorded at WFUV, "Ex's and Oh's by Elle King":

people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Here's my summer jam.

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
          ... and another really tight performance recorded at WFUV, "Ex's and Oh's by Elle King":

Love this song!
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• The best thing I have heard since "To Pimp a Butterfly" is Sturgill Simpson's "A Sailor's Guide to Earth".

I'll try to post something from it, but it is difficult to pick something representative since the moods and styles vary.

Comment

• Sturgill Simpson is great. A while back I came across a great live acoustic set by him.

The Kentucky native stops by the Garden & Gun office for a special acoustic performance

Also, if you like Sturgill you might like Jason Isbell too.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                Sturgill Simpson is great. A while back I came across a great live acoustic set by him.

The Kentucky native stops by the Garden & Gun office for a special acoustic performance

Also, if you like Sturgill you might like Jason Isbell too.

"You thought God was an architect, now you know, he's something like a pipe-bomb, ready to blow."

Damn, I love those lyrics. Apologies to those who still believe in a god. Yeah, I still can't stop listening to this song.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• New Descendents song (with album coming in July)!!!

And here is an article about the album and them in general.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                    New Descendents song (with album coming in July)!!!

And here is an article about the album and them in general.
                    Nice!
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• pretty trippy and strangely soothing

a 24 hours feed of a van driving around Iceland while sigur-ros music plays in the background

http://sigur-ros.co.uk/

Comment

• I have no words...

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• You guys know I'm a huge lady Gaga fan.

Anyone here a fan of Halestrom? I actually prefer this version to Gaga's.

Comment

• I'm the only one around here for whom they would be "new music", but I've been listening to the eponymous "Garbage" album the last couple of days. Good stuff.

I had an opportunity to pick up over a hundred CDs from mostly late 90s early 00s, all at an amazing bargain. Some I had never heard of, like The Offspring, Lords of Acid, the Apples, Explosions in the Sky, Iron & Wine, Blue October, and Bright Eyes. And there was tons of stuff I had heard of but never really listened to.

The goal is to give it all a good listen, educate myself on this era, and see what I really like. Maybe I can join the next draft we have which covers some of this.

So far, I love the Pixies and I think the Garbage was excellent. The Offspring (Smash) was outstanding as well. Lords of Acid was pretty good instrumentally, especially the drummer, except I'm not crazy for those vocal stylings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                              I'm the only one around here for whom they would be "new music", but I've been listening to the eponymous "Garbage" album the last couple of days. Good stuff.

I had an opportunity to pick up over a hundred CDs from mostly late 90s early 00s, all at an amazing bargain. Some I had never heard of, like The Offspring, Lords of Acid, the Apples, Explosions in the Sky, Iron & Wine, Blue October, and Bright Eyes. And there was tons of stuff I had heard of but never really listened to.

The goal is to give it all a good listen, educate myself on this era, and see what I really like. Maybe I can join the next draft we have which covers some of this.

So far, I love the Pixies and I think the Garbage was excellent. The Offspring (Smash) was outstanding as well. Lords of Acid was pretty good instrumentally, especially the drummer, except I'm not crazy for those vocal stylings.
                              Welcome to the 90's bro! I recommend plaid shirts and oversized sweaters with holes in them ... and try to look a bit sullen.

Garbage were (are ... (apparently)) Butch Vig's band ... he produced both Nevermind and Siamese Dream.

Edit: I've never heard of some of those bands either
                              Last edited by johnnya24; 06-27-2016, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                                I'm the only one around here for whom they would be "new music", but I've been listening to the eponymous "Garbage" album the last couple of days. Good stuff.

I am huge fan of the Offspring. I have seen them a few times and always a solid show.

Comment

Working...
                                X