No announcement yet.

Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary's Danish - great stuff from this band. Should have been huge.
    "Tracy in the Bathroom Killing Thrills" and "Blue Stockings"

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• This reminds of what I like from Pell Mell's Interstate

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• One of my favorite current bands, which is someone who's actually been in bands forever, is Golden City. I can't find anything on youtube cause no one knows who they are but you can listen to their songs over at MySpace. I highly recommend Cars in Space.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
            This reminds of what I like from Pell Mell's Interstate

Excellent.

Comment

• wow - that Cold Mountain song a good vibe

I have been listening to downloads from the Sasquatch series last month - I really dig the Wilco set - and yes I understand that Wilco is the preferred band of hipster old guys

here is a link to tons of live stuff from the event

http://www.npr.org/series/136238533/...music-festival

Comment

• "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Comment

• My brother's band from the early 90s. Basic pop punk stuff but there are some pretty good songs. You can download the songs or listen to them on the website.

Track 1: From Boris the Sprinkler split Tracks 2-3: From Lombardi Records Quencher 7" Track 4: From Lombardi Records Socket Compilation Track 5: From Erosion Records Muskett Compilation Tracks 6-11: The Quencher Cassette

On a side note, this website is really cool. It's all about Wisconsin bands from the 90s that have music that out of print and was probably never released on CD. Which means someone has taken the time to transfer the music to mp3 format so it won't be lost in time and put on this site for everyone to enjoy. No money is made here, it's all about preserving the music.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                      [IMG]

My brother's band from the early 90s. Basic pop punk stuff but there are some pretty good songs. You can download the songs or listen to them on the website.

Track 1: From Boris the Sprinkler split Tracks 2-3: From Lombardi Records Quencher 7" Track 4: From Lombardi Records Socket Compilation Track 5: From Erosion Records Muskett Compilation Tracks 6-11: The Quencher Cassette

On a side note, this website is really cool. It's all about Wisconsin bands from the 90s that have music that out of print and was probably never released on CD. Which means someone has taken the time to transfer the music to mp3 format so it won't be lost in time and put on this site for everyone to enjoy. No money is made here, it's all about preserving the music.
                      That is a very nice website.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                        That is a very nice website.
                        I love how many of these old releases were cassette only and you can see that the cover art is the cassette cover scanned in with the front spine and back flap all in the same image. It brings a smile to this old man's face as I used to buy cassettes.

I would recommend the Compound Red Mr. Microcosm album if you feel like looking for something new. At least check out the song She Moves.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• I should have mentioned that the drummer for the first 5 songs on the Quencher stuff is Travis Nelsen who was the drummer for about three albums for Okkervil River.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                            I should have mentioned that the drummer for the first 5 songs on the Quencher stuff is Travis Nelsen who was the drummer for about three albums for Okkervil River.
                            Are Okkervil River from Milwaukee?

Downloaded that stuff last night ... will give it a look later.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              Are Okkervil River from Milwaukee?

Downloaded that stuff last night ... will give it a look later.
                              No, they are based out of Austin where Travis had moved to about 10 years ago or so.

My brother sings most of the songs and plays guitar, the bass player sings a few songs.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Haven't seen this video is years ... Nick and Polly ... damn 1996! Life was different in 1996.

Comment

Working...
                                X