No announcement yet.

Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And these dudes are from England and call themselves Beach Boy Smile or BBS. Only five guys with very little music and really tight harmonies.

Last edited by madducks; 10-31-2015, 08:47 PM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Latest from Tay-Tay!

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Yeah this song has hooks that never quit:

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• I heard this on the radio this morning - wow what a spacey trippy vibe

Jimi Hendrix - May This Be Love

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            Yeah this song has hooks that never quit:

You really need to be banned from posting on this thread.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
              I think he is just messin with us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                I think he is just messin with us.
                Actually I am not. You guys just don't like pop music. Not sure why though.

Pop music is fun music. Full of simple hooks and melodies. I know not many 50 year old guys (or guys in general) like Pop music. But I love it.

I get the feeling most guys don't like it because it isn't associated with being hip or cool. Or for some deep dark reason it makes them feel ashamed if they like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                  Hahahahaha.....no way!

Someone has to be the one to counteract all you hipster music snobs!!

Comment

• Can I stay with the "cool" kids now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                      Hahahahaha.....no way!

Someone has to be the one to counteract all you hipster music snobs!!
                      But One Direction? C'mon. Isn't that already all over the radio? The main idea here is to introduce people to music that they might not have heard. It's not about hipster music or whatever that means. Is that just code for I've never heard of it so it must be hipster to make me feel better about myself? Just asking cause I have no idea.
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• I have a formula for crappiness of bands

It is level of crappiness multiplied by number of years being crappy but still successful

There are plenty of crappy bands but you need to factor in years too

like Chicago after the first 2-3 albums - pretty bad times years and years of success

Comment

• Mith, put down the kid's ipod lol.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            You're posting songs by boy bands. Bands staffed by 12 year old boys. No self-respecting adult listens to that horrific shit. But you're just posting that garbage to be edgy, all the while claiming that it's actually others who are trying to be cool, to be hipsters. Yeah, no one is fooled.
                            You're nuts. I like the music. And I post it because I know you guys will come back with comments like you just made, about "no self-respecting adults..blah blah blah".

I could swear you have posted many times that musical tastes are unique to everyone and what's the point in criticizing each other, but yet you continue to criticize in a harsh manner.

Hipster was perhaps the wrong word to use. For example, you love Slayer I believe, and because they play hardcore thrash that real men listen to it makes them ok for you to like. But the music they make is not harmonious too many ears whereas Pop music is harmonious. And it appears that gooey Pop music can only be liked by young kids and females? Ok.

So Slayer is awesome and One Direction sucks..IN YOUR OPINION, right?

And for the record, Slayer is ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                              I have a formula for crappiness of bands

It is level of crappiness multiplied by number of years being crappy but still successful

There are plenty of crappy bands but you need to factor in years too

like Chicago after the first 2-3 albums - pretty bad times years and years of success
                              But YOUR formula only applies to you.

Comment

• Allen Toussaint produced this gem.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X