No announcement yet.

Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      The new Arctic Monkeys record - Suck It And See - is exceelent
      Just saw them in a club with my daughter a few weeks ago. Good show!
      "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
        Just saw them in a club with my daughter a few weeks ago. Good show!
        Alex Turner has held up pretty well considering, as a 17 year old kid, he was being hailed as the second coming of Ray Davis, Morrissey, Pete Townsend & Jesus Christ rolled into one.

... not many people move to New York to get away from things ... seems to have worked for him.

Comment

I'll be seeing the Arctic Monkeys in September along with TV on the Radio, Smith Westerns, Warpaint, and Panda Bear. I might be the only person in the entire venue who is most excited to see Smith Westerns out of that line-up. I've posted Smith Westerns songs before, but they still haven't won over the world yet, so here's another one:

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
            I'll be seeing the Arctic Monkeys in September along with TV on the Radio, Smith Westerns, Warpaint, and Panda Bear. I might be the only person in the entire venue who is most excited to see Smith Westerns out of that line-up. I've posted Smith Westerns songs before, but they still haven't won over the world yet, so here's another one:
            I'll be seeing the Arctic Monkeys at the oddly names "Super Bock Super Rock" festival in Portugal in July along with The Strokes, Arcade Fire and Portishead. Get to tick off three bands off my "must do" list at one go there ... and Portuguese crowds are normally insane ... they love their rock music.

See any other "must sees" on the list?

Super Bock Super Rock, o Meco é para sempre! Dias 18, 19 e 20 de Julho de 2024. Bilhetes, cartaz, como chegar ao festival e mais informações aqui.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              I'll be seeing the Arctic Monkeys at the oddly names "Super Bock Super Rock" festival in Portugal in July along with The Strokes, Arcade Fire and Portishead. Get to tick off three bands off my "must do" list at one go there ... and Portuguese crowds are normally insane ... they love their rock music.

See any other "must sees" on the list?

http://www.superbocksuperrock.pt/pt/...sbsr-meco.aspx
              The Walkmen are one of my favorite bands and put on a great show - I'd make sure to see them. I know you're already aware of The Kooks and you've probably already seen them before. Tame Impala is an interesting band, but I was a bit underwhelmed when I saw them at Coachella. Beirut's another band I like, but they probably haven't achieved "must see" status.

The Strokes and Arcade Fire also played Coachella and they were both awesome, especially Arcade Fire. Should be a fun festival!

Comment

Something a little bit different ...

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  From one of the most under-rated guitarists:

you only just heard this neil young guy lately, huh?
                  ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Originally posted by Cobain's Ghost View Post
                    65 and still rocking the house like a teenager

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobain's Ghost View Post
                      the title of the thread is "Excellent music you've heard lately". I have lately been listening to Neil Youngs excellent music.

The title does not say "New Music you've heard lately. understand
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                        65 and still rocking the house like a teenager
                        funny to think of a guy as old as my dad doing this.
                        ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobain's Ghost View Post
                          funny to think of a guy as old as my dad doing this.
                          Yeah ... but he can't cut the grass half as well!
                          Last edited by johnnya24; 06-16-2011, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• My power pop kick continnues

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                                X