Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live from Todd's house in Hawaii:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Haven't heard this in ages until it popped up on a playlist ... 750 million plays ... damn!

Comment

• Damn ... just damn!

Comment

• Saw this guy open for The Clarks a few years back. One of the best guitarists i've ever seen.

Zack Weisinger is also known simply as "Guitar Zack". He was discovered by and has opened for Steve Vai.

You have to click the youtube link to watch.

Last edited by madducks; 07-07-2015, 03:28 AM.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Zack in 2007. The 20 year old from Pittsburgh finished second out of 4200 guitarists in this national competition. One month later Steve Vai added him to his tour.

The competitors can't use their own band and instead have to play with a house band that they have never played with before. I love how the guy on piano stands up toward the end of Zack's first song and looks on in amazement like he can't believe what he is seeing.

Last edited by madducks; 07-08-2015, 12:36 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I think i have a thing for cute chicks who can sing and play piano. Not a bad habit to have i guess.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• And another:

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Live from you know where:

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Mountain Goats
                    from their album about wrestling, "Beat the Champ"

people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• kishi bashi

~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

• Anyone in the mood for some soul music?

First a little background on this video:
                        Tom "T-Bone" Wolk was the bass player for Hall & Oates for 30 years and also Daryl Hall's best friend. Some may remember him as part of the Saturday Night Live band back in the 80's and 90's.

This emotionally charged performance was recorded by Hall just weeks after the death of his best friend. Several musicians from Hall & Oates also appear in this tribute to their former band mate. T-Bone's boots and trademark hat are sitting on the stool next to Hall.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Another tribute from that same show. Most of the band are wearing plaid shirts since they were a favorite of T-Bone. This was one of his favorite songs.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Did I post this before? Kendrick Lamar is pretty amazing ... as is his latest record, To Pimp A Butterfly.

Kendrick Lamar - i (Live @SNL) / BMF by Blak_Music_First

Comment

• This is cooler Kendrick Lamar stuff
                              http://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2015/...of-school-ever

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                                This is cooler Kendrick Lamar stuff
                                http://www.npr.org/sections/ed/2015/...of-school-ever
                                I watched some interviews with him after first listening to "Good Kid M.A.A.D City", hoping deep down that he wouldn't turn out to be a complete idiot like Kanye West.

His songs are so self critical and full of analytical questioning that I would have been really surprised if he was anything other than the thoughtful, intelligent artist he is.

... he's the real deal ... but I hope his close connection with Dr Dre and Snoop isn't going to see him releasing the same old vacuous pop music that most rappers end up making.

This song is from an encounter with a homeless person in South Africa ... not sure if this is a direct Radiohead sample or they just took the riff.

Last edited by johnnya24; 08-03-2015, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X