Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
    Oh yeah, you got me I care about what others think. Why is it you always feel the need to attack a person when you have a discussion? I find that really sad and reminds me why I usually prefer to ignore you.

The thing about "I Want You to Want Me" is that I don't think it accurately represents the sound that Cheap Trick are; especially considering the fact that they have always hated the production of that album.

It's ok that it's your favorite song but all I'm saying is that I believe it shows that you aren't as well versed in their catalog. I believe that if you ask Cheap Trick fans what their favorite song is I really doubt they'd come up with "I Want You to Want Me."
    this is what you posted to me:

You can lead a horse to water...

Seriously, way to go out on a limb there with your choice of favorite Cheap Trick song.

I guess you're allowed to attack me (albeit in a more subtle way) but i can't give you some crap.

My response was directly related to your put down of me. Pot meet kettle dude.

I have no problem with you, but you're just as guilty as I am in attacking each other.
    Last edited by Mithrandir; 05-28-2011, 08:11 AM.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Oh yeah, you got me I care about what others think. Why is it you always feel the need to attack a person when you have a discussion? I find that really sad and reminds me why I usually prefer to ignore you.

The thing about "I Want You to Want Me" is that I don't think it accurately represents the sound that Cheap Trick are; especially considering the fact that they have always hated the production of that album.

It's ok that it's your favorite song but all I'm saying is that I believe it shows that you aren't as well versed in their catalog. I believe that if you ask Cheap Trick fans what their favorite song is I really doubt they'd come up with "I Want You to Want Me."
      this is what I mean about your attitude. Why can't i be well-versed in their catalog and still think "I want you to want me" is their best song?

Like my earlier comment on Stairway to Heaven. Nobody here is a bigger Zep fan than I am and i know their catalog of songs inside and out...and Stairway is their best song.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        this is what I mean about your attitude. Why can't i be well-versed in their catalog and still think "I want you to want me" is their best song?

Like my earlier comment on Stairway to Heaven. Nobody here is a bigger Zep fan than I am and i know their catalog of songs inside and out...and Stairway is their best song.
        I still like The Jam better

How about this one

Comment

So how many of those songs do you know? I know there have to be several you know but my point is that if you aren't making an informed decision you might be missing you. My initial intent was the introduce you to other great songs by one of my favorite bands. However, you have simply offered nothing of value other than, "No." Fun conversation.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
            I still like The Jam better

How about this one
            love that song..also this one.

Comment

Downed
              Southern Girls**
              Never Had A Lot to Lose
              Lookout
              He's a Whore**
              She's Tight**
              How Are You?
              Takin' Me Back
              Invaders of the Heart
              Don't Make Our Love A Crime
              I Want You
              If You Want My Love** great song
              Oo la la La
              Hot Love
              Come on, Come On** - great song
              Dream Police** - great song
              Time is Runnin'
              Big Eyes**
              ELO Kiddies
              i marked the ones i know with asterisks

Songs from cheap trick that I really enjoy are:

Gonna Raise Hell
              Voices
              Need Your Love
              Clock Strikes Ten
              Heaven Tonight
              Younger Girls
              Surrender

Comment

From one of the most under-rated guitarists:

Comment

i marked the ones i know with asterisks

Songs from cheap trick that I really enjoy are:

Gonna Raise Hell
                  Voices
                  Need Your Love
                  Clock Strikes Ten
                  Heaven Tonight
                  Younger Girls
                  Surrender
                  You must know Downed (It was one of the songs I posted that you replied to when this all started), I think it's my favorite of theirs, go back and listen to it - you'll like it. You should also know Invaders of the Heart cause I posted that one as well.

From the list of songs you like it seems you like the mellower side of Cheap Trick. That's not a bad thing, just an observation, personally I prefer the harder uptempo songs but love a good ballad when they nail it, like If You Want My Love. I'm just glad you didn't list The Flame in your list.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

anyone want to loan me $10,000? The lead singer of The Wildhearts is selling his guitar. The ONLY guitar he's ever used.
                    Anyone want to lend me $15,000? These guys are a total unknown in America but pretty big in England but it's pretty damn impressive that he's able to get that much money for his guitar. I'm not enough of a guitar guy to know but I wonder what this guitar would go for if it were just in a music shop without the Wildhearts attachment. At least a few grand, right?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Comment

Anyone want to lend me $15,000? These guys are a total unknown in America but pretty big in England but it's pretty damn impressive that he's able to get that much money for his guitar. I'm not enough of a guitar guy to know but I wonder what this guitar would go for if it were just in a music shop without the Wildhearts attachment. At least a few grand, right?
                        Winning bid = £17000 ($28000)

Comment

For those who only view Elton John through his 80's and 90's pop schmaltz (some of which i love)

This is a TOUR DE FORCE: (Mick Ronson on guitar)

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            Winning bid = £17000 ($28000)
                            That is really awesome. Good for him to be able to raise that much money.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Check this out ... this is insane

Comment

The new Arctic Monkeys record - Suck It And See - is exceelent

Comment

Working...
                                X