X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
    http://www.npr.org/blogs/bestmusic20...3?sc=fb&cc=fmp

I know very few of these but will try some out in the next few days
    Dang, I'm even more out of touch than I thought - I only know maybe a dozen of those songs. Nice to see Foxygen make the list, they were my only real discovery of the year. I'll have to check out the songs on this list when I have time.

Comment

• I am listening to this a lot - Wild Cub - soooo happy

Comment

• Sometimes you hear something that just blows you away instantly ...

Comment

• [QUOTE=johnnya24;168889]Sometimes you hear something that just blows you away instantly ...

Exactly!!

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• here's my recent "never heard of them, liked them from the first moment I heard them" band, TV Ghost

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
              here's my recent "never heard of them, liked them from the first moment I heard them" band, TV Ghost
              Nice

My Bloody Valentine meets Joy Division.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                Nice

My Bloody Valentine meets Joy Division.
                I was thinking more "Echo and the bunny men" meets Joy Division, but basically everything I like recently sounds either like Joy Division (Soft Moon, She Wants Revenge) or Mogwai
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• If El D and I had a love child, this would be her favorite band, Deafheaven

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    This was on Saturday Night Live, LOL. They caused $200,000 worth of damage. At the 4:17 mark you can hear Ian MacKaye from Minor Threat yell "New York sucks!!!!"

Apparently John Belushi was the one that got them on the show. They only let them on if he promised to stand by and make sure no damage was done (after hearing reports of how their shows in LA go).

Comment

• Very cool fan made video of a great song from last year.

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• On a Wildhearts kick today. I was watching some live shows from England and it's crazy to see how many people they get at their shows and they come to New York and play in front of 200 people at best.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Squirrel Bait!!!

Holy crap. So I always heard the name and for some reason thought they were a mellow band. It's guys from Slint before Slint. I always assumed they sounded like Slint, who are mellow/minimalist post-punk band. Very good and ground breaking but somehow it made me not listen to Squirrel Bait. I was reading a book about Husker Du last week and in it Bob Mould talks about being really impressed with Squirrel Bait and how they were one of a few bands that had the energy and loudness of Husker Du. Well, I had to listen to these guys now and I am so glad I did.

Look at how young they were in the pictures in the video. Teenagers! Unreal.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• I have been listening to the first two Iron Maiden albums and love them much more than any of the Dickinson albums. They just sound rawer..more stripped down..the guitars sound better...why I don't know??
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                              I have been listening to the first two Iron Maiden albums and love them much more than any of the Dickinson albums. They just sound rawer..more stripped down..the guitars sound better...why I don't know??
                              Amen!

You didn't know cause you didn't ask me.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• One of my favorites by youngsters:

Comment

Working...
                                X