No announcement yet.

Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a really good live version of one of the best rock anthems from the 90s. It's NSFW but so what, the song is about telling off your boss so play it loud.

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
      Can't recall if I first saw this here on rj, but here's the lead singer of The Waterboys performing "Whole of the Moon" in 1987 in some awesome high school.
      thanks for posting this - very cool. Hard to believe that was 26 years ago.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
        Here's a really good live version of one of the best rock anthems from the 90s. It's NSFW but so what, the song is about telling off your boss so play it loud.

Saw Superchunk & fIREHOSE back to back at a small club 20 years ago. And since fIREHOSE had just covered Slack Motherfucker on the live totem pole ep, I got to hear both versions.

Same ep, cover of Blue Oyster Cult's The Red And The Black
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
          Saw Superchunk & fIREHOSE back to back at a small club 20 years ago. And since fIREHOSE had just covered Slack Motherfucker on the live totem pole ep, I got to hear both versions.
          Very nice. My brother saw fIREHOSE cover Slack Motherfucker and that's how he got into Superchunk.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• So I was poking around on Youtube and came across a Times Two video of a song I really enjoyed, Strange But True. Come to find out one of the band members, Giovanni DiMorente, formed a new band called El Radio Fantastique. Not much on Youtube yet, but I'm already loving it.

Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
              So I was poking around on Youtube and came across a Times Two video of a song I really enjoyed, Strange But True. Come to find out one of the band members, Giovanni DiMorente, formed a new band called El Radio Fantastique. Not much on Youtube yet, but I'm already loving it.
              Was that a single song or a promo preview of 3 different songs?

Comment

• Did anyone know that this is what Ritchie Blackmore has been up to for almost 15 years??

Blackmore's Night. I fucking love it!!

This one is more straightforward pop/rock:

Celtic/folk rock:

Beautiful folk balladry:

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  for Bucky....

I saw this last week and it was amazing. I want to see it again and again and again.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Saw a great show last night, Red Fang. They also make great videos.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                      Did anyone know that this is what Ritchie Blackmore has been up to for almost 15 years??
                      Yes. Have I listened to it, no. But I knew about it.
                      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• I don't have access to youtube here at work so can't post a link, but my new favourite song is Four Simple Words by Frank Turner.
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                          Yes. Have I listened to it, no. But I knew about it.
                          Even though i just started listening to them about 3 months ago, I will be picking their debut in the 80'-90's draft. I like it that much.
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Yeah, I posted both these vids earlier in the thread, I'm pretty sure. Prehistoric Dog is an epic song. That video was filmed on Mount Tabor in Portland, OR.....I used to live like three blocks from there.
                            I've seen that video before (probably here) and then kind of forgot about them. But I saw they were playing last night though I missed the first 20 minutes of their set. I was late cause I was at another show seeing a cover band called the Scrooges. They are a Stooges cover band that dress up as Santa. They always play a few shows each year and it's a lot of fun.

Do you like Torche? Have we talked about them yet?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                              Don't know Torche but will definitely look them up (when I'm not stuck in a goddamn law library all day).
                              I think I've posted them here before but why not post it again? They are a little less metal and more stoner rock and have some very melodic hooks. It's possible it might not be heavy enough for you but I like them a lot. This song is from a more recent album,the earlier stuff is more raw.

Turns out I have Murder and Mountains by Red Fang on my iPod. It's really good. Gonna have to get their other albums.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• http://www.npr.org/blogs/bestmusic20...3?sc=fb&cc=fmp

I know very few of these but will try some out in the next few days

Comment

Working...
                                X