No announcement yet.

Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy crap Trampled by Turtles can play!
    Song starts at :50, by the middle they're playing so well, it's confounding that it's live

people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• You should go see them live, they are great, plus they are playing their own songs and not Arcade Fire so it's even better.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
        Holy crap Trampled by Turtles can play!
        Song starts at :50, by the middle they're playing so well, it's confounding that it's live
        that was good stuff.

Apparently they are playing the Xponential in camden. I've got tickets for the last day with Wilco and Bob Dylan. Not sure what day they are playing though.
        Last edited by heyelander; 06-06-2013, 01:19 PM.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          Apparently they are playing the Xponential in camden. I've got tickets for the last day with Wilco and Bob Dylan. Not sure what day they are playing though.

Heh, I'm going that day too.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Hmmm... Seeing U2 in a stadium and big country in a shitty little bar provides some stark contrast

Comment

• enjoy.

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                Holy crap Trampled by Turtles can play!

Another Minnesota group...from frozen Duluth. Not much else to do there but sit around and write great music...
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• This dude is kinda bad ass.

Comment

• Yes he is:

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• The new Portugal. The Man album came out recently and while it hasn't grabbed me as much as the last one did, it's pretty exceelent.

The lead single:

Comment

• So sad that Kim Deal has decided to leave The Pixies, she was the heart and soul of the band in many ways.

But the new track is really solid. Is that Kim Deal singing about 1.40? Sounds awfully like her.

Comment

• New Arctic Monkeys in the same style as last years brilliant R U Mine ...

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            So sad that Kim Deal has decided to leave The Pixies, she was the heart and soul of the band in many ways.

But the new track is really solid. Is that Kim Deal singing about 1.40? Sounds awfully like her.
                            I haven't heard the song yet (and can't right now) but it was probably recorded before she left the band. She left a few weeks ago, it's highly unlikely that in that time they recorded a song and released it AND made a video for it.
                            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Apparently they made a whole album's worth of material (before her official departure). She recorded her parts in London and everyone else recorded in the US.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                New Arctic Monkeys in the same style as last years brilliant R U Mine
                                saw that a couple of weeks ago. I loved RU Mine but was pretty luke-warm to this one. I kept waiting for it to take off somehow and it just kind of droned on.

Comment

Working...
                                X