No announcement yet.

Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So frustrating ... heard a cracking little country-type tune in Starbucks today ... but couldn't pull a clear lyric before it finished. Forever lost.

Comment

• Exceelent indeed. New record is getting rave reviews. I really like the 2 songs I've heard so far.

Comment

• http://www.americansongwriter.com/20...costello-songs

interesting web site with singer songwriter stuff - this blog could start a big debate among Elvis Costello nerds.

They are counting down and on number 6 and no mention of Beyond Belief yet

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
          http://www.americansongwriter.com/20...costello-songs

interesting web site with singer songwriter stuff - this blog could start a big debate among Elvis Costello nerds.

If Radio Radio isn't #1 then it's a crock of sh!t.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Ladies and gentlemen, from Denver, Colorado... The Lumineers!

Warning: If you're sick of the whole Mumford & Sons organic music revival thing, you might wanna skip to the next exceelent music post.
            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
              http://www.americansongwriter.com/20...costello-songs

I love the inclusion of my favorite Get Happy! track - King Horse - and the two gems from King Of America - Brilliant Mistake and American Without Tears . This much is certain: No two Costello Nerd lists would be the same, and every Costello Nerd would argue bitterly and ceaselessly that his list is clearly the best!
              "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
              "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
              "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post

Warning: If you're sick of the whole Mumford & Sons organic music revival thing, you might wanna skip to the next exceelent music post.
                I really like old timey music and singer-songwriter stuff ... but for some reason I just cannot get Mumford and Sons.

I liked that Lumineers track ... I'd like it more without that annoying Mumford style guitar strumming.

Another Colorado resident I like a lot ... Gregory Alan Isakov:

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                  I love the inclusion of my favorite Get Happy! track - King Horse - and the two gems from King Of America - Brilliant Mistake and American Without Tears . This much is certain: No two Costello Nerd lists would be the same, and every Costello Nerd would argue bitterly and ceaselessly that his list is clearly the best!
                  of course mine would be the best

Excellent call on Clubland - here

I put Beyond Belief in the top 10 - and really like Imperial Bedroom from start to finish

Comment

• There are no music nerds quite like Costello nerds.

Mumford and Sons and the Lumineers both leave me cold. However, I do like some others in the genre, most notably the Avett Brothers.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• This blast from the past popped up on my random play - My Vitriol, Always Your Way ... early 2000's indie band who broke up just before guitar music got interesting again ... saw them live a couple of times.

Last edited by johnnya24; 04-16-2013, 05:51 AM.

Comment

• Nice little Canadian band that they've been playing on the Canadian indie rock satellite station. Love the peppiness as well as the "ooo-ooo-ooo" backup chorus:

their other popular song is pretty catchy as well:

Comment

• Just getting around to listening to it now, but Bob Mould's Silver Age is his best work since Sugar.

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• While probably the least known member of Slayer, he was an integral part of their sound and wrote the lyrics to some of their best material including their all-time classic, "Angel of Death"

Comment

• I've had Delta Rae's "Bottom of the River" stuck in my head for days.

I was very disappointed to find that there isn't another song on the entire album that sounds even a little bit like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                                Just getting around to listening to it now, but Bob Mould's Silver Age is his best work since Sugar.

I agree! 100% recommend seeing him if he swings by your town!
                                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                                X