Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
    A friend described this as a heavy metal, prog rock version of Belly and I'd say that is spot on.
    It's not a great pitch is it?
    Last edited by johnnya24; 01-22-2013, 11:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      It's not a great pitch is it?
      How so? Too cool for metal and prog rock are we?
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

How so? Too cool for metal and prog rock are we?

Comment

Ok...What is wrong with the description?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Ok...What is wrong with the description?
            It's a joke ... why you always so touchy ... dang.

Comment

It's a joke ... why you always so touchy ... dang.
              I wasn't getting touchy, just wondering why you would think (even as a joke) it was a poor description.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I wasn't getting touchy, just wondering why you would think (even as a joke) it was a poor description.
                I didn't think it was a poor description ... just a bit funny. You don't much metal and prog in these here woods

... I haven't watched it yet cause I'm on my mobile.

Comment

I didn't think it was a poor description ... just a bit funny. You don't much metal and prog in these here woods

... I haven't watched it yet cause I'm on my mobile.
                  They are actually from your side of the pond; North Wales. The more I listen to other songs I'd say the prog aspect is probably more shoegazey.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

They are actually from your side of the pond; North Wales. The more I listen to other songs I'd say the prog aspect is probably more shoegazey.
                    Will check it out in the morning ... phone's on life support. Speaking of shoegazey, after watching Young Adult, I've been listening to Teenage Fanclub all week ... turns out to be pretty good gym music ... strangely :shrug:

Comment

Will check it out in the morning ... phone's on life support. Speaking of shoegazey, after watching Young Adult, I've been listening to Teenage Fanclub all week ... turns out to be pretty good gym music ... strangely :shrug:
                      I prefer to think of it as the music playing when charlize first went down on me....
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                        I prefer to think of it as the music playing when charlize first went down on me....
                        Who'd a thunk Teenage Fanclub would have so many applications ...

Comment

Who'd a thunk Teenage Fanclub would have so many applications ...
                          I love the idea of her signing a Fannies song in that movie. I remember wondering if she liked the song or not. I like the idea that she now listens to them. I went on a little Fannie kick last week, mostly listening to the newer stuff, which is ok but they one that one amazing song from Man-Made, "It's All In My Mind."

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I love the idea of her signing a Fannies song in that movie. I remember wondering if she liked the song or not. I like the idea that she now listens to them. I went on a little Fannie kick last week, mostly listening to the newer stuff, which is ok but they one that one amazing song from Man-Made, "It's All In My Mind."
                            I think Man-Made and Shadows are both outstanding, and have several songs on par with "It's All in My Mind."
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                              I think Man-Made and Shadows are both outstanding, and have several songs on par with "It's All in My Mind."
                              I really like Baby Lee on Shadows, maybe I need to give them more of a listen. I have a tendency to listen to Songs from Northern Britain or Grand Prix when I have an itch to listen to them.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Baby Lee is a return to their Big Star aping of the early '90s. The more interesting tracks on that record are Sometimes I Don't Need to Believe in Anything, Into the City, and Back of My Mind.
                                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X