X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
    Don't think I ever posted this one. Very peppy song with a lady singer:

This tune is killer!!!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      This tune is killer!!!
      Glad you liked it The song's a bit too repetitive to be a true favorite of mine, but it's one hell of a fun ride anyway.

Comment

• A couple of tracks I've had on "repeat 1" this year:

I've interchanged The Raveonettes "Love in a Trashcan" and CSS's "Let's Make Love...." as my ringtone for 6 or 7 years now ... so I've always had a soft spot for them. Really liked their 2012 release (Observator)

Comment

• An epic masterpiece from the Gallaghers:

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

An epic masterpiece from the Gallaghers:
            Easily 15 years since I last heard that tune.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              Easily 15 years since I last heard that tune.
              The first time I heard it, I had no idea it was Oasis.

Comment

• This is awesome

Comment

This is awesome

Nice. Sounds like it could be from the 60's?

Comment

• A pop gem from the 80's:

Comment

Nice. Sounds like it could be from the 60's?
                      Yeah that was my feeling also ... the chorus had a late 50's early 60's feel. Thought it'd be an awesome live track, so Youtube'd it to see if there was a live clip, and found it was a cover of a Fred Neil song from the 60's. I don't think the verses are the same, but the chorus and melody are ... awesome kick in the Ty Segall Band version.

I'd never heard of Fred Neil before this evening (if I had I'd never registered it) ... he wrote "Everybody's Talkin'" (made famous by Harry Nilsson)

Comment

• I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Another crackin' track from that record

Comment

Another crackin' track from that record

Again, nice! Dig the guitar. I will have to check this band out.

Comment

• Really liking this one..especially the chorus:

Comment

Again, nice! Dig the guitar. I will have to check this band out.
                                A music journalist I respect from the Guardian, in his year end review, said he saw them live and it made him feel 16 all over again ... that was good enough for me.

Garage-rock auteur Ty Segall's entire gig hovered on the verge of collapse into complete chaos – and left our critic feeling like a 16-year-old again

Comment

Working...
                                X