Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
    "The Old 97's." It just so happened that the song playing in my random shuffle was Salome:

"What's that? Can I hear it?"

You can see where this was going. I let him put on my headphones. And then tried (and failed) for the next 15 minutes to explain the difference between The Old 97's and that horrible Chicken Fried song on the jukebox. And very delicately, so as not to offend him or any other country music fans at the table, because, believe it or not, I am impeccably polite in real life.

It was brutal exercise in futility. And a good reminder to pretend that I can't hear people once I pop the headphones on.
    Just got Too Far Too Care on vinyl, first time on vinyl, and it's absolutely amazing. At the risk of sounding like a snob people need to realize how much better music sounds on vinyl with good speakers (and I don't really have great ones, just solid - nowhere near audiophile quality).
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Keith Morris is one of the baddest mofos in the history of music. The Circle Jerks were epic and OFF! is pretty damn good, too.
      I kinda missed the Circle Jerks but I really like OFF!, they are playing here in a month or two, I'll have to make sure I go. A heard from someone who saw them last time they toured that they played all their songs twice cause they were so short and they didn't know that many. The new album is 16 songs at just under 16 minutes.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Been listening to Cream for the first time in years. So this is every Rush song ... right?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          Been listening to Cream for the first time in years. So this is every Rush song ... right?

Maybe a few Rush tunes...

Cream is f**king awesome! Clapton's guitar playing in the 60's was jaw dropping as evidenced in this tune:

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• A timely tune:

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• I miss me some old school COC

Comment

• I saw CoC a fwe months ago. Excellent show. These guys opened up.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Comment

• Absolute monster solo from EC.. Great song too!

Comment

• The Cranberries debut album is among my top 25 albums...because of tunes like this one:

Comment

• "The Core" isn't nearly discussed as much as it should be when it comes to Clapton's canon. It's overshadowed by all the radio songs on the first side of Slowhand, and it shouldn't be.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• So in the last week I got to see the Old 97s with about 50 people basically in a small park, and then two days later got to see the Hives completely crush it in a two hour set. I'd highly recommend seeing the Hives live if you get the chance.
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            Maybe a few Rush tunes...

Cream is f**king awesome! Clapton's guitar playing in the 60's was jaw dropping as evidenced in this tune:
                            I like the fact that Eric Clapton never tries to hide his influences, direct or otherwise. He is usually like "I took this from that, added this from this band, changed the time signature to sound like this song, and that's how I came up with that riff."

As You Said sounds like it could have come from any 90's alt rock album ... and I suppose any amount of Led Zep songs.

Last edited by johnnya24; 10-06-2012, 06:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                              So in the last week I got to see the Old 97s with about 50 people basically in a small park, and then two days later got to see the Hives completely crush it in a two hour set. I'd highly recommend seeing the Hives live if you get the chance.
                              Never seen The Hives in an enclosed environment. Saw them a couple of times at festivals ... usually afternoon or early evening slots. I would think they would be a great in a small/medium venue. They must be one of the hardest working bands around ... they always seem to be on tour.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                Never seen The Hives in an enclosed environment. Saw them a couple of times at festivals ... usually afternoon or early evening slots. I would think they would be a great in a small/medium venue. They must be one of the hardest working bands around ... they always seem to be on tour.
                                I actually saw the Hives in the same venue as the Old 97s, except this time there were 2000 people instead of 50....
                                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                                X