Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Jesus etc is a damn near perfect mid-tempo track. I can stick that track on repeat for ages and not get bored. There are a few similar Teenage Fanclub and Belle and Sebastian songs I can do the same with.
    I can listen to this song over and over and over again. Though I try to avoid it late at night when I'm alone. It's 2 minutes of sweet mellow perfection.

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
      I can listen to this song over and over and over again. Though I try to avoid it late at night when I'm alone. It's 2 minutes of sweet mellow perfection.
      Nice ... pretty sure you recommended The Lucksmiths before ... I liked what I heard at the time, but never followed it up. Strangely I then recommended them to an Aussie friend from Melbourne who really got into them. Have to check out some more of their stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Nice ... pretty sure you recommended The Lucksmiths before ... I liked what I heard at the time, but never followed it up. Strangely I then recommended them to an Aussie friend from Melbourne who really got into them. Have to check out some more of their stuff.
        That's cool. Yeah, I'm sure I've posted a song by them before. I love those guys. Really clever lyrics and smart songwriting. I used to describe them as a wimpier version of Belle and Sebastian but I think they've grown enough to come out of the shadow of Belle and Sebastian.

Here are some more songs, I picked songs from different albums to get a better feel of their work. My favorite album is Warmer Corners.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• And now for the folks that like music that's a bit harder I give you The Wildhearts. I know I've mentioned these guys before but I bring them up because I went through a phase of pretty much only listening to these guys and the Lucksmiths and it always cracked me up cause they are at such opposite ends of the spectrum.

This is from their first album (released in 1993) and easily one of my favorite albums ever.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• I terribly love this song! Thanks for sharing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Saw Wilco last night and they absolutely crushed it.
              Not sure if any of you guys still d/l music, but thankfully someone taped this show. Highly recommended for Wilco fans (Tweedy even commented how it was the best venue they'd played in months) and if you're not a fan, this will make you one. (They rock a lot harder live than their studio versions and Nels Cline delivers a few amazing guitar solos).

I love Dimeadozen and it's easily one of the best sites around for ROIOs (recordings of independent origin ~ bootlegs).

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Not sure if any of you guys still d/l music, but thankfully someone taped this show. Highly recommended for Wilco fans (Tweedy even commented how it was the best venue they'd played in months) and if you're not a fan, this will make you one. (They rock a lot harder live than their studio versions and Nels Cline delivers a few amazing guitar solos).

I love Dimeadozen and it's easily one of the best sites around for ROIOs (recordings of independent origin ~ bootlegs).

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=421292
                There is a recent trend on youtube to splice together fan shots of gigs with quality bootleg recordings of that gig. I've came across some pretty awesome videos.

Comment

• The Bob Mould show was awesome.....I always forget how small the Fillmore is, maybe 800 people max, and man, I've never felt the floor bounce like that at the Fillmore. I've never seen a show where someone has played through an entire album (Bob did Copper Blue from his Sugar days, LOUD and FAST, Copper Blue normally comes in right around 45 minutes, they ripped through it in just over 38 minutes) but I thought it was amazing. He sounds great, go see him if he's coming to your town
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                    The Bob Mould show was awesome.....I always forget how small the Fillmore is, maybe 800 people max, and man, I've never felt the floor bounce like that at the Fillmore. I've never seen a show where someone has played through an entire album (Bob did Copper Blue from his Sugar days, LOUD and FAST, Copper Blue normally comes in right around 45 minutes, they ripped through it in just over 38 minutes) but I thought it was amazing. He sounds great, go see him if he's coming to your town
                    Yeah, he was awesome when I saw him. He played the Husker Du songs even faster than the Copper Blue ones. So much so that I had trouble recognizing some of them. Did he cover Downed by Cheap Trick for you?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• If you don't dig this tune, well then.....

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                        Yeah, he was awesome when I saw him. He played the Husker Du songs even faster than the Copper Blue ones. So much so that I had trouble recognizing some of them. Did he cover Downed by Cheap Trick for you?
                        nope, all Silver Age and Husker Du, a long version of "Chartered Trips" with a huge drum solo, and an encore of "Celebrated Summer" and "Makes No Sense at All". It was crazy, there was more singing along to the Husker Du songs than Copper Blue....I also learned that Bob lives about 6 blocks from me......
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                          nope, all Silver Age and Husker Du, a long version of "Chartered Trips" with a huge drum solo, and an encore of "Celebrated Summer" and "Makes No Sense at All". It was crazy, there was more singing along to the Husker Du songs than Copper Blue....I also learned that Bob lives about 6 blocks from me......
                          Then walk on over to his house and tell him to get his ass to pittsburgh.
                          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• How do you make a video when your songs are all pretty much one minute long?

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Highly recommend Dr. Dog's new album 'Be the Void'.

Last edited by DMT; 10-02-2012, 07:19 PM.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I absolutely Cruel Summer by GOOD Music. An excellent and accessible hip hop album. Here you go ElD

Comment

Working...
                                X