Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
    Last night I saw a 51 year old man rock harder than any of the youts of today in their wimpy lame bands. It was pretty awesome.

Wow, when did David Letterman turn into Abe Simpson?

Nice performance by Mr. Mould.
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
      Wow, when did David Letterman turn into Abe Simpson?

Nice performance by Mr. Mould.
      Yeah, Dave is getting really old.

Mr. Mould was so on last night. They did Copper Blue in it's entirety and what I liked is they got on stage and went right into the first song and didn't say a damn word until they had played the whole album.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Mr. Mould was so on last night. They did Copper Blue in it's entirety and what I liked is they got on stage and went right into the first song and didn't say a damn word until they had played the whole album.
        That's how the Old 97s did 'Too Far to Care'.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          Cool. I can't wait for that next month.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Heh. So I was playing poker last night in my bar poker league, and somebody played this piece of crap on the jukebox:

(Listen to it all the way through, I dare you)

Somebody plays it every week. It makes my skin crawl. So I popped on my headphones to drown it out, and the pickup-truck-full of sh!tty, brain-dead, jingoistic, redneck pop country drivel that was sure to follow.

The dude next to me says "Don't you like country music?"

"No, I'm not a fan."

"Well, what are you listening to?"

"The Old 97's." It just so happened that the song playing in my random shuffle was Salome:

"What's that? Can I hear it?"

You can see where this was going. I let him put on my headphones. And then tried (and failed) for the next 15 minutes to explain the difference between The Old 97's and that horrible Chicken Fried song on the jukebox. And very delicately, so as not to offend him or any other country music fans at the table, because, believe it or not, I am impeccably polite in real life.

It was brutal exercise in futility. And a good reminder to pretend that I can't hear people once I pop the headphones on.
            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
            "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• That's really funny. Rhett Miller claims they are not a country band and never were., which I don't buy. Wreck Your Life and especially Hitchhike to Rhome are very country.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Saw Metric tonight..great show..high energy dance rock!! Unfortunately they finished the night with an acoustic version of "Gimme Sympathy"..while it was still good..that song needs to ROCK!!!!!!
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Mr Mould needs to get his ass to Pittsburgh soon!!!

Copper Blue is one of the finest albums of the 90's!
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    Saw Metric tonight..great show..high energy dance rock!! Unfortunately they finished the night with an acoustic version of "Gimme Sympathy"..while it was still good..that song needs to ROCK!!!!!!
                    I almost booked a trip to London to see them in the summer (any excuse for holiday) ... I should have done ... got into them after seeing them at a festival years ago, but never seen them live since I became a fan. Old World Underground is one of my favourite records of the oughties.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                      I almost booked a trip to London to see them in the summer (any excuse for holiday) ... I should have done ... got into them after seeing them at a festival years ago, but never seen them live since I became a fan. Old World Underground is one of my favourite records of the oughties.
                      I only knew two songs going in..i went with my step-daughter. but really enjoyed the show. What i really liked was that they extended some songs with dance/jam sessions in the middle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        I only knew two songs going in..i went with my step-daughter. but really enjoyed the show. What i really liked was that they extended some songs with dance/jam sessions in the middle.
                        My favorite Metric song, with one of my favourite lyrics:

"Every ten year-old enemy soldier
                        Thinks falling bombs are shooting stars sometimes
                        But she doesn’t make wishes on them
                        When she wishes, she wishes for less ways to wish for
                        More ways to work toward it

Ten year-old enemy soldier
                        Our falling bombs are her shooting stars"

It's sad when you think about the turbulent political times we have lived through lately, and then see such complete apathy among popular artists to these events. Only a few newer bands even tried to tackle the war or the political and ethical fallout ... Metric, Muse ... and then some more established bands like REM, Pearl Jam, Radiohead. Sign of the times I suppose.

Comment

• This was Metric's setlist the night before the Pittsburgh show. I assume it was the same.

1.Artificial Nocturne
                          2.Youth Without Youth
                          3.Speed the Collapse
                          4.Dreams So Real
                          5.Empty
                          6.Help I'm Alive
                          7.Synthetica
                          8.Clone
                          9.Breathing Underwater
                          10.Sick Muse
                          11.Dead Disco
                          12.Stadium Love
                          Encore:
                          13.Monster Hospital
                          14.Gold Guns Girls
                          15.Gimme Sympathy

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Is this the greatest music video of all time? The answer is certainly yes.
                            This is the greatest music video of all time.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

This is the greatest music video of all time.

Great song. Ok video..

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                                Is this the greatest music video of all time? The answer is certainly yes.

NSFW - Don't click if you don't like nekkid ladies covered in oil or blood or chocolate or something.

Slayer - Beauty Through Order from Ladi-Boy on Vimeo.

Video is pretty cool. Song is all over the place. The first guitar solo doesn't fit in with the song up until that point. I like the faster vocal part after the solo.

If you like headbanging you like this. It has a very limited appeal to me because i don't really care for the vocals.

Comment

Working...
                                X