No announcement yet.

Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time I heard this song ... the final warm up song to the Olympic opening ceremony ... deserves it's place in the exceelent canon.

... I was like "did he just sing that?" ... "eh?" ... "what's he singing that for at the Olympics?" Then the ceremony that followed explained all. Haha ... the douchebags will take a while to figure out that Danny Boyle just used the opening ceremony to say a big fck you to the establishment ... and they paid him to do it ... and this song was the opening salvo.

"Hear ye, hear ye, punks and skins and journeymen"

"Come ye, come ye, to soulless corporate circus tops."

"Hear ye, hear ye, now anybody could take this stage.
    Hear ye, hear ye, and make miracles for minimum wage."
    Last edited by johnnya24; 07-27-2012, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Love this riff.

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Shilpa Ray & Her Happy Hookers - Woman Sets Boyfriend On Fire
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• On the recommendations of a couple friends I am checking out Japandroids. Sounds pretty good so far. I can't embed YouTube clips because I'm technologically challenged, but there are plenty of them out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            On the recommendations of a couple friends I am checking out Japandroids. Sounds pretty good so far. I can't embed YouTube clips because I'm technologically challenged, but there are plenty of them out there.
            They're a band I feel like I should like, but still haven't quite come around to. This track is played a lot on satellite radio and I at least enjoy it a bit:

Comment

• One of my favorite "turn it up loud and destroy your vocal chords" song. The slow build up and drum fill is just about as perfect as it gets. This song helped me out many nights in college.

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                They're a band I feel like I should like, but still haven't quite come around to. This track is played a lot on satellite radio and I at least enjoy it a bit:
                I immediately hate all bands that use "Japan" in their name, like Japanther and Japancakes. Before Mith gets to point it out, it's the snob in me. Though I have meant to give Japandroids a chance.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• This should be the Breaking Bad theme song

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Love me some Kix...

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• The Mahavishnu will see you now:

Comment

• From an outstanding album:

Comment

• The Bee Gees were a great talent:

They released 22 studio albums.

Last edited by Mithrandir; 08-11-2012, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• I am going to see Band of Horses open up for My Morning Jacket tonight. I have not seen either live before. The reviews of MMJ live are really good, am I getting my hopes up too high?

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                              I am going to see Band of Horses open up for My Morning Jacket tonight. I have not seen either live before. The reviews of MMJ live are really good, am I getting my hopes up too high?
                              MMJ were good when I saw them supporting PJ. Going to see Rodrigo Y Gabriela, Florence & the Machine, and The Stone Rose tomorrow. Probably looking forward to Rodrigo y Gabriela more than the others. Weather is scheduled to be dodgy ... fingers crossed. Unfortunately going with some folks who don't really like the music as much. Thinking of trying to accidentally lose them when we get there

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                                I am going to see Band of Horses open up for My Morning Jacket tonight. I have not seen either live before. The reviews of MMJ live are really good, am I getting my hopes up too high?
                                Band of Horses has a good sound - a few nice songs but might all start to sound the same after a while
                                I have never seen MMJ but listened to their catalog very frequently - a lot of live youtube and other clips too. There music puts me in a great mood. They are a rambling jam band and songs could take a long strange trip of a time. I would like to see them. You hopes might be high but I think a huge amount of the crowd will be high.

I think Overkill has seen both and would have an educated opinion

Comment

Working...
                                X