Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    "here's to the working class ... rocking sh!t up your a$$"
    It's actually "rocket ship" but I am glad you listened to the song. Thank you. He was an incredibly talented wonderful person and the world is worse off without him.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Great record ... tunes from Siamese Dream have been popping up a lot lately on my iPood. Still sounds like nothing else.

I always liked the song Today. But for that sound I always preferred Hum.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        I like the byline at the bottom that says, "one of the new millenium's most revered bands"...revered by whom?

and the song is meh. i found it boring.
        As one of the few metal fans on this board I was also bored by the tune. I've heard a lot about Baroness but never came away impressed by their music.

Kreator's new song, however, is pretty awesome:

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
          As one of the few metal fans on this board I was also bored by the tune. I've heard a lot about Baroness but never came away impressed by their music.
          It didn't sound like metal to me, more like heavy art rock. Hum is more of a metal band (based on that Baroness song), I like to call Hum a dreamy metal band. They are a bit shoe gazer but with heavy riffs thrown in.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
            It didn't sound like metal to me, more like heavy art rock. Hum is more of a metal band (based on that Baroness song), I like to call Hum a dreamy metal band. They are a bit shoe gazer but with heavy riffs thrown in.

Their riffs are a bit heavier than your normal 90's alternative band, but still not quite metal. While the song elD posted isn't metal either, Baroness is recognized as a metal band. The songs I've heard on satellite radio were heavier, but still not quite my cup of tea.

Comment

• The Clarks should have been huge.

This song is so damn good. Great hook...cool guitars...awesome lyrics..

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                I tried to post the most wussy song I could find by them to not offend the collective delicate sensibilities of those that post in this thread.
                For someone who claims not to care what others think, you seem to care a lot about what others think.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• I didn't hate that first Baroness song. It's not the kind of thing I would listen to regularly, but it was interesting.

Comment

Mithrandir - By the way, although I also find your taste in music to be terrible (albeit a different kind of terrible than the alt-wuss-rock lovers), I really do appreciate that you have such a wide range of musical taste and that you listen to all the stuff I throw up here even though you know it's going to be heavy stuff. Thanks for taking the time to listen. I've tried to return the favor by listening to the stuff you put up here every time but you have to stop abusing that by putting up Whatsherface Lovato songs.

I liked the music from the last two Baroness songs you posted, but i have never liked the harsh, deep vocals that many metal bands have.

I'll post less sugar-pop from now on
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

LOL, it's okay. The more variety the better. I still wish we had some hip hop in these threads. Where's Jude Baldo when you need him?
                      I really dig the Reverend Horton tune.

Comment

I swear I've seen these guys 50 times

Was round at my sisters today, and an old episode of Friends was on some random channel. In a particular scene at Central Perk, there was a flyer on the coffee table for a Reverend Horton Heat gig.

Weird ...

Comment

Not the greatest quality ... the bass isn't very rich. Is 2000 old school?

As one of the alt-wuss-rockers, I've posted quite a lot of the hippity-hop

... includes a few baseball references

Comment

• And now for something completely different

While not a classical music connoisseur, I do really enjoy a lot of classical music.

The first movement from the 'Trout" Quintet from Schubert is full of great melodies and one of my favorites.

Comment

• One of my favorite instrumentals ever.

Comment

• RIP Deep Purple keyboardist Jon Lord.

Comment

Working...
                                X