Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
    Has there been a record that was misunderstood as much upon release that has since aged so well as Sandinista? (Yes, some of it is complete crap, but the 75% or so that is not has stood the test of time almost as well as London Calling.)

Let me preface this by saying that I had Clash posters all over my walls growing up and have two of their framed posters in my office. They're my favorite band ever -- by far. All of that said, I'm not sure that I totally agree. Sandanista has some incredible songs and I admire the ambition behind it. If they'd made it one album instead of three, it would have been stellar from start to finish. Maybe it could have worked as a double. But not a triple album. It really pales in comparison to London Calling. Not even close. Some of it is pretty painful. The lows are really low but I agree that the highs are so high. These guys were so ahead of their time.

Comment

• I just got Skrillex as an option to draw in my Draw Something facebook game. I had no idea what it was.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        I just got Skrillex as an option to draw in my Draw Something facebook game. I had no idea what it was.
        One more reason why Facebook sucks.

Comment

• Something has been creeping me out all evening ... and it just hit me. Earlier today I was at a local mall, and Dub Be Good To Me was playing in one of the shops. I haven't heard this song in more than ten years. I can't remember when I last heard it. It must be originally from the late 80's. This song samples / borrows / is based on The Clash's bassline from "Guns of Brixton".

Eld randomly makes a post about Dubstep, closely followed by Erik's equally random Clash post. Three completely unrelated incidents ... God must exist. Norman Cook AKA Fatboy Slim was their producer (pretty sure that's him on the bass in the video also) ... if someone had've posted a Fatboy Slim track I'd have become a follower of R'hallor.

Comment

• Eerily beautiful.

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              Eerily beautiful.
              Reminds me of something ... but not sure what.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I like when 90's stuff I haven't heard in ages pops up ... good times.

Last edited by johnnya24; 05-10-2012, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• Love what Josh Rouse has been up to since he moved to Spain.

Comment

• Just to explode some heads here:

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• My favorite Ramones song:

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                      Just to explode some heads here:

No. Just no.

Comment

• Really digging this one.

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• This is really funny

Comment

• Finally got around to this record: The West Rider Pauper Lunatic by Kasabian. Some really top tunes on it ...

Last edited by johnnya24; 05-29-2012, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• This is brilliant ... grooves like mofo. I'm not sure the Ennio Morricone style intro is part of the official song, but it really adds to the effect when the bassline kicks in.

Last edited by johnnya24; 06-03-2012, 05:42 AM.

Comment

• New Neil Young album, "Americana". Neil and Crazy Horse take on classic folk songs...and THEY ROCK!!

Comment

Working...
                                X