Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody else here using Spotify?

i just got turned on to it about a week ago, and it's freakin' awesome! it seems to me that it's almost too good to last though - like early Napster/torrent or something. i mean, i can find just about any damn song i would ever want, for free. for instance, i just looked up radiohead OK Computer, and have immediate access to the entire album. no charges, nothing. i have to listen to an annoying advertisement asking me to upgrade to the premium version (which you need for the phone app) every half-dozen songs or so, but, hell, that's less advertising than the radio! it just seems too good to be true.
    "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• I don't use Spotify but a lot of my friends do. I have an iPod with 38,232 songs on it so I have enough music to last me a long time. There is still plenty on there that I have yet to listen to.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Check out the high-def! The video is actually pretty cool, he looks too young for the voice.

people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
          Check out the high-def! The video is actually pretty cool, he looks too young for the voice.

On the topic of bands with singers whose voice shouldn't belong in their bodies:

Gomez .. .probably the most underrated of British bands over the last 10 years ... and the one with perhaps the most American sound. Ben Ottewell who does all the harmonies, and some of the lead vocals, shouldn't have a voice that sounds like this.

Comment

• As requested by ElDiablo ...

Metric - Blindness

Metric - Gimme Sympathy

Last edited by johnnya24; 01-26-2012, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              As requested by ElDiablo ...

Metric - Blindness

Metric - Gimme Sympathy

Love Gimme Sympathy!! The title sounds like a mashup of 'Gimme Shelter' and 'Sympathy for the Devil'
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                Love Gimme Sympathy!! The title sounds like a mashup of 'Gimme Shelter' and 'Sympathy for the Devil'
                Metric are one of my favorite bands of the 00's ... and Emily's legs just go on and on and on. These are all more recent tunes ... I actually prefer their earlier stuff.

If you like that I suppose you'll like this then:

Comment

• "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                      that's not nice - I teach middle school so I thought I could take it - but I couldnt

Comment

• However, this is awesome:

Comment

• I found new band that I like. I imagine there are some people here who will like this, probably not elD though.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• I like XTC but I never really liked that song cause I find children singing in non children's songs like that to be creepy.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• "Dear God" is one of XTC's worst songs, IMO. It may have had appeal in 1986 because not many were trying to sound like Sgt. Pepper in their music and questioning God in their lyrics. But now neither of those things are novel, so all you have is the song itself, which is slight and whiny.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                                That song is easily their best. The rest of their music is crappy and whiny and lame. It's the only song of theirs that's worth anything, imo.
                                XTC's best song by far:

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                                X