X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
    1.07 -Kim Deal

What do I win?
    You definitely get 10000 internet points for even mentioning the words Kim & Deal in a post

... but not sure how eccentric she is. She's the Walter Johnson of indie cool.
    Last edited by johnnya24; 08-17-2011, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
      I am just happy that no one has mentioned Joanna Newsom - YUCK
      A very drunk Kate Bush with a harp ... what's not to like

I really like this tune ...

... she definitely qualifies ... but not sure how relaxing it is Jools!

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        ... but not sure how eccentric she is. She's the Walter Johnson of indie cool.
        She came to her bass guitar audition for The Pixies without a bass guitar, and never having even played the bass guitar. She said her bass guitar was back at her sister's in Dayton, Ohio, and that she had to go get it, and then learned to play it in the meantime (after conning the band for $50 in airfare to retrieve it). She thinks the Marquis De Sade "ruled" because he used to suck the snot out of people's noses. And then there was the heroin addiction, showing up late or not at all for gigs, getting fired by the band and rehired and fired and rehired... that qualifies as eccentric in my book. unk:
        "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
        "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
          I like her just fine but she's hardly eccentric, especially Driving on 9. You would have been better off going with a Pixies song.
          Everybody has heard her do her Pixies/ Breeders rock thing a million times. I think it's cool that she can credibly perform more traditional music like Drivin' On 9, too. Or this:

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

• Can we get through this without a Tori Amos post? Please, God, let it be so...

Comment

• 1.08 CSS

Been my ringtone for like 5 years:

... actually a really good live band.

Comment

• Lady's new single: Brian May on guitar.

Last edited by Mithrandir; 08-17-2011, 09:58 PM.
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

And then there was the heroin addiction, showing up late or not at all for gigs, getting fired by the band and rehired and fired and rehired... that qualifies as eccentric in my book. unk:
                  Fair enough ... better post more then

From my favourite Breeders record Title TK ... you can really get close to that husky voice on this record. If you like lo-fi .. this record is awesome.

"I am the autumn in the scarlet
                  I am the make-up on your eyes "

Comment

She came to her bass guitar audition for The Pixies without a bass guitar, and never having even played the bass guitar. She said her bass guitar was back at her sister's in Dayton, Ohio, and that she had to go get it, and then learned to play it in the meantime (after conning the band for $50 in airfare to retrieve it). She thinks the Marquis De Sade "ruled" because he used to suck the snot out of people's noses. And then there was the heroin addiction, showing up late or not at all for gigs, getting fired by the band and rehired and fired and rehired... that qualifies as eccentric in my book. unk:
                    sounds like an ******* to me...
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                      sounds like an ******* to me...
                      Goddess?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        Lady's new single: Brian May on guitar.

Good lord, now she's doing country songs? If she does a duet with Limp Bizkit I might have to finally murder her.

This whole Lady Gaga worship thing is all an act, right Mith?

Comment

• 1.10 - The Slits

Bummer that Ari Up had to go and die.

Also, my girlfriend is in a punk band called Yung Mums. Not really eccentrics, but I figured I'd share. This is the only youtube clip I could find:

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Wandered aimlessly into this singer song-writer called Gregory Alan Isakov ... judging by the YouTube clips, was probably from the soundtrack to Californication:

Won't be to everyone's tastes ... but I like melancholy singer-songwriter stuff ...

Comment

• For all the guitar lovers out there.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Watching him play reminds me that Mark Knopfler is touring with Bob Dylan soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X