No announcement yet.

Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So this is the best album I've listened to in a long time. Recorded with Al Green's backing band, so it underpinned with a sumptuous old-school soul-vibe. The production is flawless ... this need a good set of headphones to really appreciate all the intricacy IMO.

Unconscionably, it doesn't even have it's own Wikipedia page. It's a pretty sad indictment of the state of our society that something this good is virtually unknown. I can't imagine how demoralizing it must be to have created a record this good, and for it to be basically disregarded.

Indian Ocean by Frazey Ford (2014)

Youtube Album Playlist HERE

The lead track (track 4) is the only song missing from the playlist:

Last edited by johnnya24; 01-28-2022, 05:07 AM.

Comment

• You certainly don't need to worry about Frazey Ford being under-recognized. She's very successful. Started in a folk trio called The Be Good Tanyas. She's playing a 1500 seat venue locally in a week.

May I suggest Marissa Nadler to you? Folk/alt-country stuff.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        You certainly don't need to worry about Frazey Ford being under-recognized. She's very successful. Started in a folk trio called The Be Good Tanyas. She's playing a 1500 seat venue locally in a week.
        Was talking specifically about the Indian Ocean album. No wikipedia page, barely any online references after a few 2014 reviews. Deserves a lot more recognition than that.

Comment

• What a ridiculously awesome jam!

More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            This is the first song from Silk Sonic's upcoming debut album. It's a collaboration between Bruno Mars and Anderson .Paak. They are supposed to make their TV debut at the Grammys on Sunday. This old school R&B sound has been missing from today's music.

Still my favorite new song ever shared in one of these threads. Love this collab.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Nathaniel Rateliff & the Night Sweats - what a great 70s vibe. I think I've listened to 3 of their songs for the first time tonight 5x each

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• My 11-year old casually dropped this nugget today:

"Dad, did you know there's a teacher at my school who was the bassist for Joan Jett & the Blackhearts and was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame?"

wait, whuuuut?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        My 11-year old casually dropped this nugget today:

"Dad, did you know there's a teacher at my school who was the bassist for Joan Jett & the Blackhearts and was inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame?"

wait, whuuuut?
                        Gary Moss, who went by the name Gary Ryan as the original bassist for Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, was in town to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, into which he and his bandmates will be inducted on Saturday, April 18.

Comment

• Isn't that crazy? He's not even a music teacher, just a good ol' regular 5th grade teacher. I hope my youngest son has him next year as he's going into 5th grade, that would be wild.

Comment

• Mike Patton, singer for Faith No More and some other bands, did the "voices" of the vampire creatures in I Am Legend.

And now you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                              Mike Patton, singer for Faith No More and some other bands, did the "voices" of the vampire creatures in I Am Legend.

And now you know.
                              I just found those out recently and wanted to re-watch for that reason.

Huge Mr. Bungle fan growing up. Their new live doc was really good, watching them rehearse and play through their first album.

Here's them doing a Van Halen cover, I think.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• I've seen Faith No More and Mr. Bungle live - both were exceelent. I also saw another Patton gig - Fantomas. That might have been the worst show I've ever seen. Experimental music, or whatever that was, is most definitely not exceelent.

Comment

Working...
                                X