No announcement yet.

Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• I usually prefer a good live version over the studio version.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Donna Missal was the opening act for the Joywave/ Sir Sly show I saw a few weeks ago. Wow! This girl has killer pipes, and is a captivating performer. You gotta see her live for the full effect, but here are a few videos to give you a taste of the Donna Missal experience...

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
        "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Last edited by Fresno Bob; 12-05-2018, 07:15 PM.
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• the start to my own personal Apocalypse Now

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

Comment

• If you like bluegrass, these guys are awesome.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• The daughter of Don Felder and the son of Bruce Jenner & Linda Thompson.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Disco done right, but in 2018

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      The Queen sound lives on. This is one of the best debut albums that i've heard in years.

So after a couple of years and another new CD, I went and saw The Struts live and they were awesome!!!

Great sound! Great energy!

Comment

• another awesome band I only learned about this year, fast forward to the last 2 songs to hear my 2 favorites, it is sweet Thai-infused funk

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                          another awesome band I only learned about this year, fast forward to the last 2 songs to hear my 2 favorites, it is sweet Thai-infused funk
                          You couldn't have posted this a week ago? Khruangbin were just in Denver at a great venue last Saturday night.

I see they're on a Red Rocks bill with Vulfpeck next summer. Could be fun...

I want to smack people my age who complain that there's no good music anymore.
                          "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• worth the click!
                            Last edited by Fresno Bob; 12-20-2018, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• That's gorgeous, succulent, divine ... errr the music ... I mean the music.

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                                You couldn't have posted this a week ago? Khruangbin were just in Denver at a great venue last Saturday night.

I see they're on a Red Rocks bill with Vulfpeck next summer. Could be fun...

I want to smack people my age who complain that there's no good music anymore.
                                Vulfpeck is great but I've heard their live show is meh...too much imploring of the crowd to raise the energy level.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X