No announcement yet.

Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJEL Girl is a big Henley fan. I've seen both him and the Eagles in the past few years. I'm wasn't as much a fan of Fry but he was definitely the showman of the group. Henley is pretty boring (but I like his stuff much more). What I enjoyed the most though seeing them was Joe Walsh... the show I saw went sort of chronologically, and he was playing background rhythm for most of the first half of the show. I remember thinking, man, sad what has become of Joe Walsh... the entire second half of the concert might as well have been the Joe Walsh show. He was all over the place, he did his eagles stuff as well as a few James Gang tunes. While Henley and fry were taking every third song off, Joe was at 200% the whole time. Absolutely a blast.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• you knew it was coming
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• I've been loving a Montreal band called The Castagnes. 2 piece brother and sister punk/glam rock... just super catchy, and amazing live shows. I took my boss to see them in Winnipeg last year and as someone who never sees live music, he was like "I don't understand why this band isnt the biggest band in the world..." he was so blown away at seeing authentic punk rock.

So I set them up with 2 shows in Vancouver for their latest tour, and it's been really nice to participate in the music community again. I arranged the venues, lineups, and paid for artists to do show posters. Several years ago I ran a music promotion company with a friend, and we put together some stunners that would later go on to really big things, the biggest probably being Mount Eerie, who has now released 2 albums about the death of his wife that are soul crushing emotional journeys well worth exploring. We had done 1 show for his wife (O'Paon) and 2 shows with Mt. Eerie, the 2nd one being held in a huge opulent church... pretty good memories, even if only 1/5 shows made money.... I think Mount Eerie would play well for almost anybody here. Its stripped down, stark folk music.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          I've been loving a Montreal band called The Castagnes. 2 piece brother and sister punk/glam rock... just super catchy, and amazing live shows. I took my boss to see them in Winnipeg last year and as someone who never sees live music, he was like "I don't understand why this band isnt the biggest band in the world..." he was so blown away at seeing authentic punk rock.

So I set them up with 2 shows in Vancouver for their latest tour, and it's been really nice to participate in the music community again. I arranged the venues, lineups, and paid for artists to do show posters. Several years ago I ran a music promotion company with a friend, and we put together some stunners that would later go on to really big things, the biggest probably being Mount Eerie, who has now released 2 albums about the death of his wife that are soul crushing emotional journeys well worth exploring. We had done 1 show for his wife (O'Paon) and 2 shows with Mt. Eerie, the 2nd one being held in a huge opulent church... pretty good memories, even if only 1/5 shows made money.... I think Mount Eerie would play well for almost anybody here. Its stripped down, stark folk music.
          Got any links to stuff we can hear? Glad to hear you are doing some music stuff again.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• You guys should read this review of the Jimmy Buffett & Eagles show at Target Field. It's hilarious and most exceelent.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Hahaha! Who knew that the Eagles would cause people to mass debate?
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Last edited by madducks; 07-23-2018, 04:01 PM.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  Hahaha! Who knew that the Eagles would cause people to mass debate?
                  People love em or hate em, there's little ambivalence to them.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                    People love em or hate em, there's little ambivalence to them.
                    I like them
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Hey Johnny... any thoughts on the new AM album? I haven't heard any of it yet (didn't even realize it had been out until I went looking for a release date recently). Sounds like a bizarre concept. Wondering what your take was.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        Hey Johnny... any thoughts on the new AM album? I haven't heard any of it yet (didn't even realize it had been out until I went looking for a release date recently). Sounds like a bizarre concept. Wondering what your take was.
                        It's decent ... if you like the band I imagine you'll like it, but it's not a typical AM record.

I like the fact they are branching out though. From the beginning I felt AM had another legit classic album in their future ... but only if they are prepared to experiment. So I'm glad they are taking new directions. This aint that classic album, but it's a step in the right direction.

This was like every show when I saw AM in the UK

Comment

• For all those still pining for a bit of 90's alt. Wolf Alice's first 2 records are really good.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            It's decent ... if you like the band I imagine you'll like it, but it's not a typical AM record.

I like the fact they are branching out though. From the beginning I felt AM had another legit classic album in their future ... but only if they are prepared to experiment. So I'm glad they are taking new directions. This aint that classic album, but it's a step in the right direction.

This was like every show when I saw AM in the UK
                            I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the video, kept me entertained while working.

San Fran show is sold out already, but it looks like I could get tickets for $80. I'll have to do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the video, kept me entertained while working.
                              ditto, I had it on while I was doing some stuff around the house yesterday.

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              San Fran show is sold out already, but it looks like I could get tickets for $80. I'll have to do that.
                              that's probably fake

... a fake tale ...
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Damn is this catchy and awesome!

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                                X